Decking Material: TREX, Or ?

Hi,
Live in New England. Lots of snow and cold in winter.
Will be going for a new Deck (uncovered) and will most likely specify TREX. But not 100% sure yet.
But was wondering:
What would be a second and third material possibility similar to TREX in quality and cost that it might be good to also look at as possibilities ?
Pros and cons ?
Thanks, B.

We recently has some discussion about decking. There are some other brands that are equal or better than Trex. Azec, Timbertech come to mind. Visit a local lumber yard to see what they have. Most carry some of the better brands. If all you do is visit HD and Lowes, you never know what else is available in the world.
Composites are not completely maintenance free and some have had mildew problems.
I went with real wood. I used Tiger Wood from www.advantagelumber.com IT should last a minimum of 25 years if I do nothing, 50 if I put some oil once in a while.
I'm in New England also.

I chose TREX for my deck several years ago, absolutely wonderful.. I pressure wash it one a year to get the dirt off from where all the flower pots sit and shed excess dirt when overwatered.