deck stain question

My deck was becoming faded from the sun and starting to become dried up. So I just power washed and stained my deck with an oil based Semi-Transparent stain from BEHR.

The stain claims to be "Water Resistant".

Does this mean I have to apply another coat of a water sealant? Or does Water resistant mean I "don't" need anything else?

The wood is a pressure treated if that helps.

Reply to
Bill

I don't know of any product that would be considered water "proof". By using the water "resistant" term, the seller eaves a cop-out in case of failure. No, you don't need anything more.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Basically, there's no way to put a permanent waterproof finish on exterior wood with a reasonable cost to benefit ratio. At least, I've never heard of such a product. What you got is as good as it gets, though sun and rain will eventually break it down. So you'll have to powerwash and/or sand and recoat every few years. For next time, look for high quality, UV -resistant oilbased stains for longest durability. With semi-transparent stains the prep is especially important to avoid build-up of pigment after multiple coats.

Reply to
siralfred