deck sealing

all of the sudden my wife decided that she doesn't like the color of the deck sealant(thompson's) i applied less than a month ago. she wants to go a bit darker in the color...can i just restain or do i have to strip the deck first?
thanks, cj

I'm guessing the Thompsons is a yearly thing. Good that you didn't use it this time, but Penofin will cut your labor in 1/2 or 1/3. [and look better longer to boot]
In my house, I'd say 'OK dear. Go pick out exactly what shade of Penofin you want." By the time she got around to it the deck would need a new coat anyway.
If it really bothered her & she ran right out and did it, I'd put it on the bottom of my list. . . and by the time I got around to it the deck would need a new coat anyway.
Jim

I wouldnt use a different product , something different might peel as you dont know chemical makeup, original Thomsons main water proof ingredient is wax and not nothing sticks to wax. I think you might be able to put in paint "Universal" tint , its used for stains also. Call Thompsons and ask if it can be tinted and if it will bond, read the can it may say. Consumer Reports has a long term paint and stain test going on for maybe 10 years, Thompsons was dropped years ago from the test because it was the worst performer, I would not change this year because of chemical compatibility, but dont believe advertising, and thats how Thompsons made its name.
cj wrote:

Easier to get another wife.
TDD

Wait, maybe a year, for the Thompsons stuff to wear off.

With thompsons original wax finish, in 6-9 months it might be gone