Deck screws in PTW wood

Page 3 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com Fri, 18 Sep 2015 03:48:51 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

I see why you determined she's a winner. :) Sounds like a very capable and intelligent individual!
--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.

She is a keeper.
On 9/17/2015 11:00 PM, Muggles wrote:

Some folks list it on paper, and call it a re'sume'.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

For some, the print would have to be so small as to be nearly unreadable in order to fit everything on the mug. [g]
--
Optimist: Someone who doesn't know all the facts yet.

On 09/17/2015 11:23 AM, notbob wrote:

I built a 2 decks in 2007 (bought all materials at Menards) and every damn screw rusted through within 3 years. I'm told that now that the wood has dried out, the new screws won't rust through.
But if I had to do it all over again, I'd find a good grade of stainless steel deck screws.

So far, I'm tending to agree.
I bought some 3/8-16 SS bolts/nuts/washers to secure the hand rail uprights to my mom's deck step risers (Ima mechanical kinda guy). I got 'em at True Value Hardware, so was not real sure if they were a good grade of stainless. The few bolts I didn't use, I left outdoors in the weather. After 6 yrs of rain/snow/sun, all parts show zero signs of rust. I'm amazed! ;)
nb