Deck re-stain

I'm about to get started on stripping & re-staining my deck.

My question is...if I use a stripper like Behr's deck stripper, does it need to be both neutralized afterwards with a brigtener AND cleaned (I purchased an oxygen bleach product already).

Or can it JUST be cleaned with the oxygen bleach before I put on the new stain/sealer?

What order should I do those things in (stripping, cleaning, brightening) assuming all 3 need to be done to get it prepped for staining/sealing?

Thanks! I'll be using Defy Epoxy Stain to seal it and stainsolver.com's oxygen bleach to clean it if necessary. TimerBrite most likely to brighten it if necessary...

When in doubt, RTFL. No it doesn't need to be neutralized...it needs to be rinsed with plain old water. Use Behr stripper - blue bottle - followed by cleaner brightner, green bottle. They're made to work either together or independently.

Reply to
Curmudgeon