deck price in NY cap district

Instead of wasting a contractors time. I just need to know what I can afford. I know it depends on the deck etc. Just looking for an average sq ft price for a 1st floor, PT deck with 5 tread stair. (650sq ft if that helps) Thinking in the $10-$15 range. Hi or low? thanks
"calhoun" wrote

The last deck I built with railing cost me close to $18 sq. ft when all done (materials only, I built it). Before adding the railing, I had almost $11 a sq.ft. in it. Way too many variables to guess-ta-mate a sq. ft cost. It all depends how stout you want it built, edge boards etc. for decorative purposes. Your estimate sounds way low, unless you're not expecting much.
Go to Home Depot or Lowes, They can design a deck for you and estimate it's cost for materials.
(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)