Deck Preservative

So, why exactly would I want to put this preservative on my deck? Pressure treated wood is good for ~20 years at ground contact, so what's the preservative do exactly?
The label says it's only good for one or two seasons per shot, so it seems like a lot of work for I'm not sure what benefit.
(We don't care for darker, tinted wood, so I don't care about that factor.)
Should I invest the time into this?
What's it do for me?
--
JackStraw
0x3D561045

donald girod wrote: in message

What do you use? Is it easy to get uniform coverage?
donald girod wrote:

Not new. Have Cabot grey deck stain on and need to renew. It is very hard to get the Cabot on without major brush/roller marks. Looking fo alternatives.
Thanks
I like the painting "pad" - it worked well for me, and was relatively fast. Kinda lets you smooth it out.