Deck post question

I'm about to start the replacement of an old deck and was wondering if you guys can answer a few questions for me.
1) I've reclaimed some old and heavy 10" x 10" posts from a barn that I'm hoping to use to give the deck some character, does anyone see any problems using this structurally?
2) What type of sealer should I use to treat this old lumber.Recommendations
3) I need to bury some posts this weekend and I'm not sure what the best method is. Do you get a concrete tube and fill it full of concrete and then put the post on top or do you encase the post in the concrete? WHY?
4) Should I stick with treated lumber for the posts?

Nope, should be very strong

I'd use some sort of oil like Penofin

You fill the hold with concrete and use a mounting braked for the post. Structurally, the concrete and post will perform well and the bracket serves two purposes. It keeps it lined up and more important, keep it from ground contact and wicking up water to rot it away. Your 10 x 10's may have character, but are more prone to rot than a pressure treated post.
If you are in the process of starting a deck, you can get a lot of information on brackets and fasteners at www.mcfeelys.com

I see no problem here, should look very nice.

I am not familiar here with top brands

A little insight.......if in frost zone is why (depth here also varies upon the region you are in), and also will be more secure in the long run ( post could work it way loose, become unstable and move, and also may allow water etc to enter which may rot your post)....then your screwed. http://www.buildingspecs.com/articles_decks.asp http://www.askthebuilder.com/DeckConstruction.shtml

Your 10x10 posts should be very sturdy.........and maintaining them regularly; there should be no problems.
Great, this actually answers my questions. NOW what wood sealer do you guys recommend?