Deck Paint Peeling -- A fix?

Had house painters in last June. By mistake, they "painted" the outside deck.
The cedar railings actually look fine. They used a different color and paint for the "deck" deck -- that is the part of the deck you walk on.
The deck has gotten little, if any use since they painted. Indeed, no one used it for three full weeks after painting, as the house was vacant.
Anyway, the winter rains came and all the paint on the walking part of the deck is peeling and coming up in big strips. It will continue to be damp and rainy here for three or so more months, but is there any special way I can clean up this mess now?
Obviously, I am thinking scraping and sanding, but that is sort of tough in the rain. Pressure washing?
Part of the deck is something called "sun wood" doug fir, part is red cedar and along the sides is Pressure treated fir. Doesn't seem to matter, all is peeling.
Called the painter, doesn't seem to want to respond.
Add pictures here
✖

Do you own a gun? What kind? I know this sounds like an odd question considering the context, but it's actually a valid question.
Add pictures here
✖

Very common on decks. It get beat up by the weather and because of the grain in the wood, it is easy for moisture to get under it. Hopefully, they used stain, not paint. This is why decks are best left natural.
Add pictures here
✖

Since it's peeling a lot on it's own, I'd first try using a pressure washer now, when it's already been wet for an extended period. You have to be careful with how much pressure you use, so as not to raise the grain on the wood.
Then, if you decide to use something with color again, I'd use a stain type product, which shouldn't peel.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 3, 10:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

Why not file in small claims, it should be less than 50$ and inform him to fix it now or pay later.
Add pictures here
✖
Since its peeling it is most likely paint, not stain. I'd try slopping down paint stripper, wait until a break in the weather or cover the deck with a tarp. This should loosen the paint that isn't already peeling on it own. Then a very gentle pressure wash or just the garden hose. Nothing holds up all that well on wood exposed to foot traffic but obviously a stain is a better choice than paint, it will wear away rather than peel or crack. Use a good quality water based stain, that will "suck" into the wood even when damp.

Add pictures here
✖
I regret to inform you its a BIG problem, call a few companies get estimates on stripping, send copies with a registered letter informong painter either respond or see you in court.
the trouble is the pressure treating makes paint absorbtion spotty. some will likely never come off.
you might as well get compensated fiancially, know a few people that painted and had so much grief they replaced all the painted wood.
Add pictures here
✖

If it is solid stain, it may peel. I've had it happen on my deck after a couple of years.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 20:37:35 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

The deck should be stained, not painted. Wait until the rain stops, then scrape and sand. Cabot Decking stain is what I use--it comes in several colors and will last 3-5 years. The preparation work is the bulk of the work and in your case you have the extra step of removing the paint. Pressure washing a deck may damage/swell wood fibers.
Add pictures here
✖