Deck-o-joint expansion joints and acid-etched concrete

Here's a doosie! I'm building a new home, with a courtyard and pool in the center. My plan is to have the conctete coping and conctete courtyard acid-stained for a unique, contiguous finish. Here's the problem... when the conctete crew poured the concrete two days ago, they inserted white vinyl Deck-o-joint (not Snap-Cap) in a square pattern every four feet. My vision of a beautiful concrete surface is fading! It would look really bad with the white control joint vinyl showing... kinda like a giant game of tic-tac-toe.

Is there any way to either a) remove the Deck-o-joint, or b) make it less obvious?

Thanks.

Cindy in tears

Reply to
livelovelaflots