Deck lighting suggestions? (Railings are iron)

I have a deck about 12 feet square. The railings are wrought iron and 42" high. I could mount some light on the wall on the side that is against the house. Better lighting it seems is on the railings. But when I search the web all I find are for wood railings. :(

How about installing a square wooden post light in a corner, wired through the bottom and under the deck.
Don Wiss wrote:

Best is small white courtesy lights made for use on boats. Mount on the underside of the metal railing, mounting and wiring will be a pain in the butt. Power from a suitably sized low voltage landscape lighting transformer.

Can you floor mount some lights on the deck? I mean using flush mounted lights that are not a trip hazard. You might see them around larger buildings. Be aware the get hot (touching by children).

This is a deck over a roof. It has removable panels in a parquet pattern.

12ft sq? 3x4ft, so it holds one person

12ft sq? 3x4ft, so it holds one person
Uh - no.
OP said 12 feet square - ie 12' X 12', not 12 square feet - ie 3" X 4' or 2" X 6".
At least that's how I read it.