Deck Ledger and Siding

I am building a deck that runs the entire length of a section of my house. The deck ledger will be attached to house ledger. My question is whether there is a way to attach the deck ledger to the house without removing the entire length of siding. I would like to keep 12-18" of siding on each side of the ledger to maintain the spacing of the siding and the corners. The siding will then also extend below the deck.
Thank you,
Patrick