Deck Joist Support Question

Page 2 of 2
On Jul 23, 12:31 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Agree with the above. But the OP still has those issues with what they are proposing to do, which is cut an opening in the deck so the AC sits inside it, about 8" down.
Add pictures here
✖

How are you going to work on it when needed?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 22, 9:31 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

your reply was non-responsive to the situation at hand....

Add pictures here
✖

✖

If you think so, you're illiterate. I answered the question quite directly.

It's not my writing because others could read what I wrote.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 24, 6:03 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

I was able to read it just fine, unfortunately a major portion was irrelevant and hence, non-responsive.
btw...illiterate would be the incorrect adjective in this case. :)
Add pictures here
✖

The it's clear that you *CAN'T* read because my answer fit the question perfectly.

No, it's clear that you can't read - illiterate.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 24, 10:12 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

You were wrong before & you're still wrong...... clearly I can read. Making sense of your post was the difficult part.
Re-read your original answer & perhaps you'll discover the part that was non-responsive & irrelevant to the question. Perhaps others did understand or more likely they didn't bother to make sense of it.
and illiterate is still the wrong adjective. :)
Maybe if you put your response is "all caps" it will be easier to understand?
Add pictures here
✖

No, you're still illiterate. Maybe if you actually, you know, read my answer in context with the question, you could get your head out of your ass. No, I suppose that would be a *lot* to ask.

Clearly you're a liar, at least.

You really can't read. ...and here I thought you were just an asshole.

OK, perhaps "liar" is better?

You *are* an idiot. An Obama Democrat, no doubt.
Add pictures here
✖
The vibration of the running unit would be noisy, the principle of a sounding board. I learned that concept years ago, with music boxes.

And what would those reasons be? Please enlighten us.
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖

Why? Another debate?
Add pictures here
✖

others.
Add pictures here
✖
Since this issue has brought upon such a major discussion, I indicated the main reason shortly after posting the question. That reason is potential work to the deck which would require the removal of the unit. IMO, that's good enough for me as I have been in situations which add a greater length of time and problems to remove/dismantle objects to simply get at an easier project.
My home is a small bungaloe on a small lot. This means I have roughly 2 feet of grass on the west side next to my neighbors driveway, my driveway next to my neighbor's grass on the east side, my front to the south and my back to the north. The deck extends the entire width the rear of the house. Part of the deck (6 x 6) is elevated to the sliding glass doors, which also extends out farther than the rest of the house, then it lowers to the rest and retracts back to the house leaving a corner section by a basement window where the dryer vent is located. Therefore, one reason it's not in that corner is due to that dryer vent and window. Thus, leaving the only option to the west side rear corner of the house. The open deck area will be filled with a base, then a pad for the condenser and the condenser itself, which will most likely be even with the deck level or even exceed slightly above it.
We've had a few companies provide estimates and the prognosis was roughly the same. The actually installer of the company we chose visited our home to confirm placement of items, therefore, it wasn't just the advice of the sales rep.
I do appreciate those who provide insight, but to assume there are other options without actually viewing the entire area or knowing the entire issue is presumptuously aloof. Besides, the question was about drilling into the brick/foundation or not.
Overall, the unit is a Lennox Whisper Quiet system which claims to top out at 67 decibels. I wouldn't consider that a loud system. I can also build small decorated wall panels on the deck to encase it if needed.
Thank you all for your input. Search for my next topic regarding my question about my gas pipes.
Add pictures here
✖