deck dent filling

I want to fill the dent on the deck as shown in the picture (http:// imagebin.org/27673) before painting over it. I'm not sure what the material is called in English. What is the material that is used to fill the dent called? Is it plaster (a guess)?

Reply to
ssylee

It's called, "useless endeavor".

Reply to
dadiOH

All I see in the picture is a closeup of a painted surface, with a couple hairs. Dents in wood are usually steamed, not filled, but for a deck isn't this a little anal?

Reply to
Phisherman

Sorry about the lack of detail. As a take a picture further away, I think you may have been right about being too anal about filling the dent on the deck surface. Here is another picture of the deck when I took the picture further away

ssylee

What is your objective here? Your desired outcome?

Deck surface material?

Are you using the word "dent" where you really mean "depression" or puddle?

In the second photo I see what appears to be a reflection that indicates a water puddle?

Are you trying to get rid of the puddling?

fyi home repair isn't physics, comp-sci or EE...it's barely CE or ME any of the time.

got any practically inclined co-workers who could give you some advice?

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207