Decent kitchen sink

Looking at drop in kitchen sinks, the 33"x22", in the $250-350 range. The one I have now is a double, deep bowl type, ran around $100, yrs ago. My complaint about it is using a long neck faucet, the sink flexes where the faucet fastens. I'm sure it's cause the S/S is of thinner gauge. But, I very well could be wrong.
I like the deep bowl, being stainless isn't a must. Have read reviews until my eyes hurt. People seem to think the product should look like new, even after years of use. My expectations are not that high. Just something durable. I'm planning on having the soap dispenser as I have now, seems as if it's a useful feature.
Any recommendations?

Koler makes nice heavy gauge SS sinks. That's what is going into our remodel. Had the same trouble with thin stuff that you had, faucet flex, somewhat fixed by adding some .060" sheet SS underneath the faucet mount area with additional bracing. Adequate, not great.
Joe

Mirolin Mirstone - it definitely will not flex!!!
On 12/1/2011 5:15 PM, Bill wrote:

I second that. We just built a new kitchen and have a Frankie composite sink. It looks like dark granite, is sturdy and cleans very easily. I'd do it again. BTW, got it at Lowe's.
wrote in message

I love my big SS one. 18 x 30 x 10" deep. Got it on ebay for $200. I would never ever have a small or two compartment kitchen sink again. For those rare moments when you really need a big sink, they are invaluable. Mine is for when I clean the big Bosch cooktop, and have to soak and clean three grates. I can stack them in there and let them soak. They would not fit in any regular double stainless sink. Other times when you have something big, you appreciate them. It does change how you wash things, not having the two stage wash/rinse standard operation. Took about two days to adapt.
Steve
Curt wrote:

1. Porcelain on cast iron - CAST iron, not steel - won't flex. Heavy gauge SS shouldn't either.
2. Avoid acrylic or anything with acrylic in it.
3. It's your dime but I prefer one large sink to a divided one.
--

dadiOH

I got a Kohler cast iron one a few years ago. Very happy with it. Some features I like:
Two bowls with one very deep and larger than the other one. Split is maybe 60/40. Avoid the sinks that have one small bowl meant for the disposal. IMO they are useless. I want the disposal on the main bowl.
Get a design with a single hole faucet where the divider is. That allows the sink bowls to extend further back into the area where the faucets would be, giving you larger bowls.
Undermount is best provided your counters accomodate it.