death in group

Page 7 of 11
On 8/25/2016 10:00 PM, bob_villa wrote:

No, you left out this part: A permit-required confined space (PRCS) is a confined space with one or more of the following characteristics:
Contains or has a potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere Contains a material that has the potential for engulfing an entering employee Has an internal configuration such that an employee could be trapped or asphyxiated by inwardly converging walls or by a downward-sloping floor Contains any other recognized serious safety or health hazard5
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 11:41:41 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I gave the broad definition...sorry you don't like it. NNTR
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 06:35:42 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

Doesn't fit the requirements - sorry YOU don't like it - - -
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 19:00:23 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

The access location MAY meet the definition of confined space, but I doubt a several thousand square foot open rooftop would.
From your own cite :
A permit-required confined space (PRCS) is a confined space with one or more of the following characteristics: Contains or has a potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere Contains a material that has the potential for engulfing an entering employee Has an internal configuration such that an employee could be trapped or asphyxiated by inwardly converging walls or by a downward-sloping floor Contains any other recognized serious safety or health hazard5 Which of the above 4 conditions does an open roof comply with???
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca formulated on Friday :

Contains or has a potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere.
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:22:46 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:

If an "open roof" can *contain* a hazardous atmosphere, then the entire planet is pretty much a confined space.
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 12:47:59 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If trapped on the roof during a storm? Give it up...it "could" have that classification! Not that it did! An "on the job death over that period on time was no doubt, investigated. Whether OHSA or the sheriff's office.
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:55:59 PM UTC-4, bob_villa wrote:

Is there a complete, intelligible sentence anywhere in that response?
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:16:57 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Sorry you can't handle the thought process. Best to you in your recovery...
On 8/26/2016 1:55 PM, bob_villa wrote:

Yes, and Stormy's employer will be fined. Hope he left his checkbook.
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 10:47:54 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03 wrote:

It can get really hot. Hotter than OSHA rules allow.
Mike Duffy used his keyboard to write :

If Beijing can have a "potentially" hazardous atmosphere enough for many people to wear masks, and OSHA can call a pit with four foot tall sides a "confined space" why can't a hot rooftop fit in that category.
Anyway, my first thought about the circumstances which possibly claimed the life of Stormy have not been changed, definitely not a safe working situation IMO. He possibly could have died under ideal working conditions, heart attacks are like that, but to be left up there for that long sure looks like some rules weren't being followed.
On 8/26/2016 7:48 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

What would those rules be? Who made the rules? Never be alone?
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 9:43:04 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

It's the typical lib response. Just one more set of new rules, one more law, one more set of forms to be filled out, one more permit, one more payment, and a one in a million rare event would allegedly be prevented. What's next? Outfit us all with monitors, where if it doesn't report back that we're alive and well, it automatically summons help?
trader_4 expressed precisely :

Not really a political thing at all, it's just from all the experience gained from working in shipboard spaces and electrical and electronic equipment rooms where lockout/tagout/blockout procedures are in place to avoid having someone else get you into a situation where their actions prevent you from working safely or getting back out of tight spots.
I don't particularly *like* all of the rules, but I got used to them being there and I don't see how being possibly locked onto a hot and/or seldom checked roof is that different from being locked into a shipboard void as far as survivability is concerned.
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 10:16:28 AM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:

Try sticking to the facts. It was a rooftop of a drug store. You can yell to people on the street, wave to them, it's not even close to a confined space on a ship. Nor is there any evidence that anything would have made a difference in this case. Stormin spent .0001% of his time on that roof. He probably spent 50%+ of his time in his house and if it the event had happened there, the result would have been the same. In fact, it probably would have taken longer to find him.
It happens that trader_4 formulated :

I am, you got a problem with that?
On 8/27/2016 10:16 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Those rules make sense on a ship. I don't see how an open roof compares to a closed chamber in a ship or in a factory. If he was locked up there all he has to do is walk to the edge by the street and yell down to a passerby. Worst case, toss a tool at a passing car.
Does your house have a basement? Do you practice the confined space rules when you go down there? That would be riskier than being on an open roof so you should follow those rules.
Ed Pawlowski wrote :

Yes, I agree in this specific case. The worst thing he did was to suffer a heart problem. I don't recommend doing that either, especially not somewhere where you can be unknowingly left for days.

No, don't be silly, but when I go for a hike (actually a walk) I always have someone knowing where I went whether it is a note left behind or communicated directly with someone. It just makes sense to do so just in case I become incapacitated and don't make it back as expected. I'm only just a little older than Stormy was. I certainly wouldn't want to die of exposure just because nobody knew where I was.
I only mentioned my feelings and opinion on this and trader_4 put on his tinfoil hat and suggested it is some kind of big government paranoia liberal politics thing. I explained my opinion and first thoughts were based on prior experience. There's no real need to read any more into it than that. His reading comprehension seems to be on a par with his circuit theory and math skills.
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 1:50:54 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:

My reading comprehension skills are fine. This is what you wrote:
Anyway, my first thought about the circumstances which possibly claimed the life of Stormy have not been changed, definitely not a safe working situation IMO. He possibly could have died under ideal working conditions, heart attacks are like that, but to be left up there for that long sure looks like some rules weren't being followed. "
It's the classic lib, big govt position. What happened to Stormy had nothing to do with an unsafe work environment, the exact same thing could have happened to him while he was at home, with exactly the same result, except perhaps it would have taken even longer for someone to find him, he lived alone.
As to math and electrical engineering, please, don't embarrass yourself all over again. You claimed that Ohms Law can't work, can't be used when a current is zero, because division by zero is involved. Everyone else here knows that V=IR, with I = 0 is valid, gives a result of zero and no division by zero is involved. Every single person in that thread told you that you were wrong. I even suggested you graph it on paper and see what happens at the origin, but even that simple task was beyond you. Clearly you either didn't take Algebra 101 or didn't do very well.