Dear Whoever:

I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post is on topic, is spelled correctly, or some other minute detail.

I would like to inform you that the post of Netnanny is already filled. It is held by Newton Fillmore, in Pacoima, California, although Mr. Fillmore is currently in a coma, and has been for three years, eight months now. We just could not bring ourselves to demote him without a proper hearing and him being present.

Please be advised that there are currently over 500 applicants and wannabes for the position. That does not include people like yourself who have broken with protocol and currently act like they are in the cherished position.

If and when and if ever the post becomes available, you will be required to write an essay of no longer than 1500 words, single spaced, using the words there, they're, their, your, you're, and any others you can come up with in as many incorrect grammatical situations as possible.

You must also describe the difference between "lose" and "loose" in 25 words or less.

You must also include the reason that gives you the lifelong right to hold this post, and review the rest of humanity on its daily heretofore unobserved unsupervised act of Usenet Posting.

Steve

3rd Pooh-Bah and Grand Mucky Muck of the Society of Netnannies.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Steve B

Pshaw! The difference is easy to describe -- one word has only one "o." Can I please be the next Netnanny? Please, Please, please! Just tell me the hospital and room number of good ole Newt' and I'll be happy to pull his plug!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Your request is duly and officially recorded, but filed in the usual secret mayonnaise jar near where the old elm tree used to be in Newton's back yard. If something suspicious does happen to old Newt, I imagine the police are going to want to see the list of suspects ........... errrrrrr applicants ..........

It's surprising how someone would kill for a job that pays nothing, but involves a lot of power.

Kind of like politics ...........

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Guess it might make sense to some dumb cluck trying to enforce ethereal newsgroup etiquette .............................

Reply to
Steve B

Maybe I shoulda sed, "Aw shucks, Ma, I knows the anser to that'n!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

It would be so funny if you were one of those "English is our National Language" types right now...

Gotta love it... Who cares if you can't put together a simple sentence, as long as it's in English?

Reply to
mkirsch1