Dealing With Tire Rut on edge of Driveway

I have standard rectangular driveway that is a little hard to drive into and because of that I have developed something like an inverted C tire rut near the entrance of the driveway that is maybe 18 inches across at the widest point and maybe 2.5 feet long. I am not a fanatic about appearances, but I would like to fill it in with something reasonably nice but not that expensive. I am thinking of putting gravel in the rut and am wondering whether I should surround the edges of the rut with a metal or wooden enclosure in the ground--or maybe simply put the gravel in the rut. I am also open to other ideas as to how to fix the rut. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
JD

Asphalt? If anyone is having paving done, ask about getting your corner patched up permanent. Concrete? Frame it and buy some bags of reddi-mix.
a good friend had that. he added gravel with a metal edge and his kids just widened the swing so he still had mud....
he fnally added some concrete edgers at the metal edge up higher than surface so people wouldnt go too wide.
whats your driveway made of? if its asphalt call around and dig out and gravel base in advance, local sphalt company can do it for little money. go a little extra wide so it doesnt reoccur.
concreyte driveway lends itself the same, perhaps sakrete?
IF your not too concerned with asthetics then I would use crush and run, kinda like gravel but it compacts very well. Gravel will just get thrown about, I'm sure you don't want that. As far as appearences the crush and run is gray to gray blue and will show dramatically if you have an asphalt driveway as I do. If your drive is asphalt you can get a bag of pea gravel and a bag of asphalt at your local BORG. very easy fix and should help your problem, enlarge the problem area and go deeper as well then layer the pea gravel into the area to about 2'' deep then dump in the asphalt patch mix and compact it down as tight as you can. This stuff will stay pliable for a while. After some heat of the summer and when you resurface your drive way also cover this area. If your drive is concrete go with the crush and run, enlarge the area dump in the crush and run, compact it down and your done. Keep what ever C&R you have left cause after a few corner cuttings you will need to put more in. this stuff compacts to a cement like mixture.
Searcher
Shopdog,
I have a concrete driveway so the crush and run sounds like a good idea. One question I have is whether I will need some kind of edger. I may also consider simply framing the matter for concrete and using concrete as mentioned by E Pawlowski.
Thanks,
JD
That sounds like a plan, edge it out with some old ply. Dig it out first, then have the cement that has the gravel in it pour that into your mold. Allow this to dry then remove your mold and bring the ground back up to it. Good luck
PS, I am not a mason, so I am not sure what the cement is called.
Searcher
snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com wrote:

I have a similar problem but the wheel rut is in the corner of the lawn.
I used a couple of cellular blocks to reinforce the soil & the lawn grows in the voids
http://www.pavingexpert.com/grasspav.htm
cheers Bob