Dealing with old neighbors... (long)

Page 2 of 2
If the carport is on YOUR property you have the right to remove the part that infringes. That you can sue her for and you WILLwin.

may have a common-law easement. OP should find the corner pins for the lot and verify if what Gramps said is true. If that takes a survey, it is money well spent. If she is infringing, time to get with the city and find the local procedures for encroachment cases.
aem sends...
Jack:

Is that true?
--
Mac Cool

privacy, and he should just accept it because she's an old lady who has been there for a long time.
What universe are you living in? Because it ain't this one.
Wow; This sounds familiar. I wouldn't blame you from the sound of your frustration. My friend had a neighbor who was the same way until the old man was sent to a care home. Does she have family? Chances are, if she dies, her family would move in and would act the same way. People sue others for the dumbest shit nowadays, why don't you sue her for the damages her wooden siding structure caused? I agree that if the untreated wooden siding is touching the soil that would attract termites. If it was me who lived next to a mental-defective who fucked with my motorcycle I would kill him or her. Mess with peoples personal items then she deserves the name calling then; regardless of age or mental state. All old people are like that sometimes; they "THINK" they own the whole neighborhood or they are powerful in some way.
Also; Why does she mow the lawn everyday? Does her lesbian friend join in on the vibration action? Take pictures of them in action, then put the pictures in everyones mail boxes on the whole street!!! LOL
clipped

Call your mother; she will know what to do. Hope she grounds you and takes away your computer.
Jack wrote:

One of two solutions:
1. Quit trolling
2. See a local attorney.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
1 .... Whether or not she harbors trmites is absolutely None Of Your Business!. 2.......Whether the structure is on your property or not is legally posible to determine. 3.......Whether it is on your property on not may also depend up on the law known as "Sqatters Rights." Any action you take in haste may prove very expensive. 4........It appears she has been there muchl onger than you so no doubt knows whats legal. 5........So tread lightly until you know for sure where you stand. 6.........Last , but not least, Use some common sense.
Jack

Hardly follows. When we bought our house we had a neighbor actually get her lawyer to write us threatening an injunction if we didn't stop using "her" road to access our property. Never mind that the road had been a public road since the land was first platted a hundred years before, and was clearly signed as a public road.
Turns out that by simply claiming the road was hers, she had successfully stopped other land owners from using it to access their own properties, because people assumed she knew what she was talking about and had the law on her side.
All that said, public obscenities wouldn't have helped our cause at all, and would have left us looking like immature assholes.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/
Get your termite inspector to put in writing that the termites are from her house, We will see how far you get with that? Then think about this, someday you might reach 82 and you will most likely still be bitching about the old lady that use to live next door to you. Lesbian there nothing like a good Lesbian story , spices up a post especialy one were the poster makes himself look like a A-Hole. Look at it this way you probley like the same sexual stuff as a Lesibin, I know I do! Maybe were all (men) Lesbian?
Sacramento,
I read the guys post and it sounded like a crazy rant to me. Both houses have termite damage maybe. Do you really think this exterminator can say where the termites started. Jack's termites may have damaged her carport. She should sue.
Dave M.
little bit of kerosene and a match would solve your problem.
little bit of kerosene and a match would solve your problem.
Am I the only one that had a good laugh at this part?

Jack talks tough, but what kind of pussy would let a little old lady delay construction for a week like this? Simple enough to handle. Tell her to stay off your property. Tell the contractor and workmen not to talk or listen to her. If she comes on your property, call the police. If Jack can't handle this, termites are the least of his problems!
As for the termite problem itself, the simplest remedy would be to have the termite company put a maximum strength barrier treatment along the side of his structure facing little old lady's carport. The only other remedy would be to get expert witnesses that would testify in court that the carport is infested with termites, they are creating a problem with your house, and there is no effective way to deal with it on your own property. If you can prove all that, which I think is unlikely, then you could prevail in a lawsuit.

Turn her in at the town hall. Let them get after her. You can't deal with some people.

You could be referring to my mother-in-law.

You omitted "Call a hit man!" ROTFLMAO
You get the exterminator, an inspector, and anyone else you can find AND sue her in Small Claims Court for the damages her termites have done to your house.
Dick