Dealing with old neighbors... (long)

A few weeks ago I discovered that the floor in my house was sagging, so I went under my house and found out I had a termite problem in my crawlspace; the main support 6x8 beam was eaten up and rotting away. I had the entire 30' beam replaced professionally before my floor collapsed.

Then I called a exterminator he came over and inspected everything and came to the conculsion the my neighbor is at fault. She has a carport that has dry-rotted lumber attached to the side of the carport from the ground-up. I believe this is true; because this shit-siding is facing my house and it is the same side that has most of the termite problem. The exterminator told me this attracts termites and my house is spaced out only 10 feet from her carport.

BTW: This is a carport; except some dumbass thought it was a good idea to put 2x12 lumber along the side and is almost as old (60yrs) as the bitch using it:

Now what do I do next? She is a 82 year old BITCH! You'll know if you met her. Two years ago I had a new roof and vinyl siding put on my house and she would come over to my yard bugging the contractors everyday saying stuff like: "I don't like that siding, it doesn't match the color of my window trim" or "I don't like the pattern of those roof shingles; change it" She delayed the construction by a whole week because of her bitchin. She bosses other neighbors around too, telling them what to do and when to do it! This old bitch is crazy!!! She mows her yard EVERYDAY!!! Takes pictures of everyone through the blinds of her windows and put them in their mail boxes and keeps a copy for herself. What the f*ck is that all about? I'm sure she kills the flowers and trees my wife plants, because they always die after being planted; my wife tried to plant them to block her view into our windows. Theres more and more to explain....

She also has a old lesbian friend from across the street who is the same way!!!

Seriously; What can I do? Call a inspector? Call an exorcist? Thanks for reading this; Jack

Reply to
Jack

You can start off by stop being such an asshole. She's an old lady. She's making your life difficult, but getting nasty won't help. If you think she's mentally compromised, call social services instead of venting on a newsgroup.

As far as the termites:

Termite colonies can be 20 feet under ground. If you knocked her house down, that wouldn't necessarily fix the termite problem. Maintenance, periodic treatment and observation are the only ways to deal with termites. If you do a good enough job on your house, the termites will find more palatable food, like her house. If your exterminator can't figure out how to protect your house, and give you a guarantee, he's not very good.

RicodJour

I think this is all your fault Jack ... sounds like she just needs a good loven... maybe you could get that other lesbian bitch in on the action ... your neighbor could even take pictures.

Reply to
William.Deans

I'm an asshole? I'm speaking for the entire neighborhood!!! From my understanding she been like that her whole life. Social services got serveral phone calls from other neighbors complaining about her but nothing can be done about it!!! She destroyed my neighbors motorcycle; she lucky she didn't get killed (too bad though)!!!

Reply to
Jack

Sounds to me, like you're the problem Jack, termites be damned. You use that kind of language about an old lady who has probably been there since "Leave it to Beaver" was popular, and you want to change her, it's not happening. Personally, after reading your post, I hope the damned termites...eat your house. JMO

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

I like that! We all get old sooner than we might want, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Wow; This sounds familiar. I wouldn't blame you from the sound of your frustration. My friend had a neighbor who was the same way until the old man was sent to a care home. Does she have family? Chances are, if she dies, her family would move in and would act the same way. People sue others for the dumbest shit nowadays, why don't you sue her for the damages her wooden siding structure caused? I agree that if the untreated wooden siding is touching the soil that would attract termites. If it was me who lived next to a mental-defective who f***ed with my motorcycle I would kill him or her. Mess with peoples personal items then she deserves the name calling then; regardless of age or mental state. All old people are like that sometimes; they "THINK" they own the whole neighborhood or they are powerful in some way.

Also; Why does she mow the lawn everyday? Does her lesbian friend join in on the vibration action? Take pictures of them in action, then put the pictures in everyones mail boxes on the whole street!!! LOL

Reply to
Phillip77776666

OK; suppose if someone like this lived next to you and you woke up in the morning to go and get the newspaper and discovered that your neighbor rearranged or damaged stuff on your yard they way THEY LIKE IT I'm sure your going say:

"Gosh; Ain't she a sweet old lady, and look at this, the kind old lady park her car in my front driveway now can't drive to work; oh'well guess I'm going to have to walk the 7 miles to work no big deal"

My grandfather live in this neighborhood longer than she has; and according to him she ILLEGALLY built that carport 3 feet onto MY PROPERTY. I'm not the only one in the block calling her names I'll guarantee that!!!

Reply to
Jack

So what's your point? It doesn't sound like she's going anywhere... Why go into a rage?

From what I've heard so far, I'd rather have her for a neighbor than you.

Getting a court of law to prove that your termite damage is her fault will be difficult, if not impossible.

I've had neighbors block my driveway before. The first time they do it I knock on their door and politely ask them to move their vehicle. The second time, I call the police and have them ticketed and towed. (In my city, it's illegal to block a private driveway). You can bet after $150 - 200 towing fees they get the message fast.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

Hell, I'm a nice guy I work hard for a living; everyone in my neighborhood knows that; but when I come home from work and see the crap that goes on around my house because of her, thats when I get pissed. All the tax payers money goes towards her to sit on her ass and do nothing her whole life but boss people around. Get what I'm saying? She never worked a day in her life!!!

Where did I say I was going to do all that? Yes, I know nothing can be done about it; the damage is already done. But the way I look at it; everyone in the block HATES HER, not me and I'm thinking I could rent a bulldozer and tear the section of the carport down; you know; the 3 feet that is on MY PROPERTY!!! Hell, my other five neighbors are willing to help me tear it down and clean it up. She destroyed thousands of dollars of everyones property including the motorcycle she purposely backed her car into. Her famliy probably doesn't give a shit about her anymore. If she has any at all for that matter.

Reply to
Jack

What a wimp... I would just hook a chain up to the car and drag it down the street... She should be able to find it by following the tire marks along the road...

She's 84... Wait for her to die and then go piss on her grave... You'll feel better... Hell, take a couple of 6-packs with you and make a day of it...

Reply to
Grumman-581

So you're saying that another person can mess with his stuff and his privacy, and he should just accept it because she's an old lady who has been there for a long time.

What universe are you living in? Because it ain't this one.

Reply to
Abe

clipped

Call your mother; she will know what to do. Hope she grounds you and takes away your computer.

Reply to
Norminn

One of two solutions:

  1. Quit trolling
  2. See a local attorney.
Reply to
Joseph Meehan

There are kids under the age of 18 years old who are full of life; die of painful suffering deaths from cancer, heart disease, ect.. But for some reason "GOD" spare the lives of old people over 60yrs old to do nothing but sit around their house all day eye-f****ng there next door neighbors. It's a damn shame!!!

Reply to
Phillip77776666

Quit being an pain in the ass, bring her a cake its mothers day, maybe then you will get the respect you don`t deserve.

Reply to
m Ransley

Had a neighbor similiar to this, dumped her leaves in my yard, bossy, complained I hadnt cleaned up my yard the first week of april, ahh that weekend it had snowed:( WELL MY YARD IS CLEAN! Ahh you paid to have a company do it on a weekday, I dont have the money for that nor the time..

This got old really fast. Once she cmplained in early spring I hadnt cut my grass, well mower is broke, I had taken it to repair shop. She said thats no excuse.

Well the mower returned 2 days later and I cut my front lawn. The back lawn, got its first cut the 4th of july, her home is directly behind mine.this all happened in early spring. she never complained again.

she died some years ago, and as odd as this sounds I kinda miss her. Some day we might all get old, and have nothing to do and family who doesnt care...

for myself I try to not let stuff like this bother me.

if her whatever is on your property get your property surveyed, and go from there. you say her garage is 3 feet into your land, did you get a survey when you purchased your home? if not why not.

you know patience is a virtue, no one lives forever. heck the next owner might have a few noisey drug addicted kids breaking into your home, stealing your car, and their classy friends robbing you at gunpoint.

you might look back at the old lady and remember the good old days when you werent afraid for your life in your own home.

Reply to
hallerb
1 .... Whether or not she harbors trmites is absolutely None Of Your Business!. 2.......Whether the structure is on your property or not is legally posible to determine. 3.......Whether it is on your property on not may also depend up on the law known as "Sqatters Rights." Any action you take in haste may prove very expensive. 4........It appears she has been there muchl onger than you so no doubt knows whats legal. 5........So tread lightly until you know for sure where you stand. 6.........Last , but not least, Use some common sense.

Jack

Reply to
tinacci336

Hardly follows. When we bought our house we had a neighbor actually get her lawyer to write us threatening an injunction if we didn't stop using "her" road to access our property. Never mind that the road had been a public road since the land was first platted a hundred years before, and was clearly signed as a public road.

Turns out that by simply claiming the road was hers, she had successfully stopped other land owners from using it to access their own properties, because people assumed she knew what she was talking about and had the law on her side.

All that said, public obscenities wouldn't have helped our cause at all, and would have left us looking like immature assholes.

Reply to
Joshua Putnam

Well if you are for real and not a troll, just exactly what is she doing that is illegal?

Sitting on her ass and not working is not illegal. There are lots of people like this. Every hear of minding your own business?

Everybody on the block may have good reason for hating this woman, but that in itself is not illegal.

You say she destroyed a motorcycle? There are legal remedies for this. It sounds like you or whoever just ignored it.

If there was encrouchment on your property and you ignored it for years, she may have earned legal rights as a squatter. The laws are very clear on this.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber