Deaf mute father shot dead by police while trying to communicate with them

Page 7 of 12  
On 8/28/2016 12:12 PM, trader_4 wrote:

You believe that anyone who disagrees with you is a village idiot.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/28/2016 12:12 PM, trader_4 wrote:

They had every RIGHT to resist an unlawful action. We still live in the USA.

Refusing to show ID and using vulgarity were BOTH legal responses. The cops were wrong.

ONLY after someone is being detained do they have to provide ID, not before. The cops demanded ID BEFORE the people were detained.

The lawsuit will surely sort it all out, I'm thinking. :)
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Muggles formulated the question :

In the Philippines, anyone can do it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3691692/Drug-addicts-Philippines-surrender-authorities-president-Rodrigo-Duterte-urges-citizens-ahead-kill-drug-users-dealers.html
Okay, so it's a different kind of speed.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/27/2016 5:03 PM, Muggles wrote:

He didn't kill him for speeding and you know that. Why do you keep making an ass of yourself making dumb comments?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/27/2016 10:08 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

OK ... then he killed the man for moving his arms trying to communicate via sign language. THAT's not a good reason to kill someone, either.
Why would you even try to defend a cop who kills for such reasons??
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/27/2016 11:30 PM, Muggles wrote:

We don't know why he killed the guy. You are drawing conclusions, not me. I'm not defending him but I'm not crucifying him yet either.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/27/2016 11:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Actually, I believe during the discussion other people surmised that the cop shot him because he was waving his arms.
The problem is that man wasn't armed, and his crime was "speeding" and stopping 8 minutes after the cops tried to stop him.
There's NO reason to kill someone over any of that.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/28/2016 11:08 AM, Muggles wrote:

Right, but we still don't know the rest of the story. You are drawing conclusions with no investigation. Do you think that is fair?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/28/2016 11:39 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The point at which information shows the cop had a legitimate reason to kill the deaf driver, I'll change my conclusions. At this point in time there is no evidence to support his actions to kill, and I see no issue with my conclusions not being fair at this time.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 11:08:27 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Apparently she enjoys it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 12:07:09 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Wrong again and as usual, off yet again into another direction. The point was if a cop is trying to pull you over, like everyone here except you, I can see that it's OK to drive 500 ft or 1000 ft to get to a suitable place to pull over, but not to go for 7 miles or however long you happen to think makes you feel comfortable. That's true regardless of any handicap. As someone pointed out, this looks largely like a red herring. If you're deaf, you can't hear the traffic noise that you claim is a problem, can you? No lights? People get pulled over where there are no lights all the time, the cop's car is typically positioned behind your stopped car to provide lighting and the cop typically carries a flashlight.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/27/2016 3:29 PM, trader_4 wrote:

In order to understand what happened, it's a good idea to analyze the situation, and it's even a better idea to understand why people do what they do.
You, otoh, are some sort of robot who tends to believe humans should behave only one way, and if they don't, then they deserve what they get. You evidently only see black or white and nothing in living color.

The point here is that the cop chose to kill a deaf mute man for speeding vs. using his training in communicating with the man.

WRONG! LE can't expect people who can't HEAR or SPEAK to respond as if they CAN hear and speak.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/27/2016 5:09 PM, Muggles wrote:

You tend to believe everyone should be entitled to behave any way they want regardless of proper protocol and procedures and others should simply accept it because they are human beings with emotions, different experiences and handicaps.

The truth here is you lack full knowledge of the story and instantly assume the cop ignored his training and shop. Even when I continue to point out your tunnel visioned ignorance, you still fail to view the other side proving my point.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/27/2016 5:16 PM, Meanie wrote:

I'm a realist. You can't expect people to be robots and all respond the same way. Deescalation and communication with the citizens IS part of protocol and procedures, yet, some cops skip those procedures and meet out a death sentence themselves. Doesn't that bother you?
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 11:12:30 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Yet you put that burden on the police, that they have to act perfectly, not make a mistake, be perfect robot. And again, note that in this case, like almost every other one, the police did not create the toxic, dangerous situation, the perp did. Even when you're in a normal, calm environment and someone makes a mistake, it can lead to something bad happening, someone dying. When you create a toxic, charged, stressed, chaotic environment, the odds of something bad happen go up exponentially. And when it does, it's not an execution for speeding. It's extremely unlikely the cop was carrying out a "death sentence", it's far more likely that at most it was a cop overreacting to what he saw happening at that instant, or the gun going off by accident and speeding was not even in his thoughts at the moment, only what was happening in front of him. Why can't you wait for the facts, before rushing to crazy conclusions? Then you claim you're a conservative? You sound more like those Black Lies Matter nuts.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/28/2016 7:41 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The police are highly TRAINED to interact with the public in a variety of scenarios. They have protocol and procedures they're supposed to follow and if they can't handle a situation they're to call for back-up and a supervisor. All of that training and protocol they learn is for a reason, and they're not supposed to be shooting citizens just because they got antsy.
OTOH, the public is NOT trained to interact with LE, and often are afraid of LE.
Who do you expect should be more likely to respond like a robot that's been programmed? LE or the public?

Wrong. The cops did NOT engage their brains and extensive training - they only engaged their testosterone. LE are trained to deescalate. The public has no training.

Why do cops get to kill citizens and just go "OOOPSS! I made a mistake. It was the citizens fault I killed them!"?? BUT, if a citizen kills a cop in self defense in the same scenario, the citizen is charged and deemed a murderer?

Yeah, and quite often it's the cops who are creating the toxic, charged, stressed, chaotic environment where something bad happens.

Death by cop. No excuse. LE are trained - the public isn't.

What don't you get? Death by cop by accident is unacceptable. The cop was TRAINED to do otherwise, yet, he chose to shoot and kill because he did NOT engage his brain.

Show me facts that say the deaf man had a weapon and tried to shoot the cop. Show me there weren't other people around who couldn't assist in the situation for a better outcome.
Thus far, all information shows there should have been a different outcome, and I imagine the family has grounds for a gigantic law suit.
If the deaf man had shot and killed the cop because he was afraid for his life, the deaf man would be charged with murder.

You bet I am a conservative.

I'm an "All lives MATTER" nut.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/28/2016 11:50 AM, Muggles wrote:

Muggles, you're either the dumbest person I've ever met or a very skilled troll. Which is it?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 12:49:15 PM UTC-4, Joe Sixpack wrote:

I've asked that question many times too.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
trader_4 presented the following explanation :

As have others in other groups over the years. The jury's still out.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/28/2016 1:52 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

A jury consist of one's peers. There aren't enough idiots at her level to fulfill that requirement.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.