Deadbolt metal door

I have a Pella door (exterior) for which I have no key. I wish to install a deadbolt but the door is metal clad. What do I need to cut the holes for the deadbolt? uriah
Uriah Heep wrote:

While I think I would look to repace the lock you have so I could have a key, you can use usual wood working drills for the new lock. The metal on those doors is just one grade up from aluminum foil. You may want to resharpen them when done. Now some commercial doors are a little different.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
<< the door is metal clad. What do I need to cut the holes for the deadbolt?

Sensible tool is a hole saw. The only other bit that works well wth sheet metal is the Unibit, but the sizes may be smaller than you need and they are somewhat pricey ($20+). HTH
Joe

Problem is, most deadbolts you buy at the borg will require a rectangular recess to mount the bolt itself. I went to a locksmith and bought a deadbolt designed for metal doors that only required a round hole for the bolt. I imagine you can find them online.
HTH,
Paul