"Dead" Kenmore washer repair Q

The above older machine was in the rinse cycle with a large quilt when my brother turned the water level or load size knob to "reset". It stopped dead. It's not the power outlet as other things on the circuit work. Any idea as to what might be wrong or how to test the timer / dial / switch assembly would be greatly appreciated. TIA and Happy Memorial Day... GT

Reply to
GT

All I know is that on our Amana it says not to adjust the level control during a cycle. I have not done it and have no idea what will happen.

Simple thing to try though: Turn the timer to off manually. Start the cycle from the beginning.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi, Unplug the washer. Wait ~5 mins. Plug back in and see what happens. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi,

Model#??

model# helps.

You checked the washers outlet with something like a radio/lamp?

Doing so -normally- would not make the washer go dead.

a WLC works.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

I have an older medium sized Kenmore (1987) & i'm aways messing with the water level 7 load size with no ill effects (so far)

Maybe just a conincidence?

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207