"Dead" Kenmore washer repair Q

The above older machine was in the rinse cycle with a large quilt when my brother turned the water level or load size knob to "reset". It stopped dead. It's not the power outlet as other things on the circuit work. Any idea as to what might be wrong or how to test the timer / dial / switch assembly would be greatly appreciated. TIA and Happy Memorial Day... GT

All I know is that on our Amana it says not to adjust the level control during a cycle. I have not done it and have no idea what will happen.
Simple thing to try though: Turn the timer to off manually. Start the cycle from the beginning.
GT wrote:

Hi, Unplug the washer. Wait ~5 mins. Plug back in and see what happens. Tony
GT wrote:

Hi,
Model#?? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

You checked the washers outlet with something like a radio/lamp?

Doing so -normally- would not make the washer go dead. http://www.applianceaid.com/generalwash.html#WLC How a WLC works.
I have an older medium sized Kenmore (1987) & i'm aways messing with the water level 7 load size with no ill effects (so far)
Maybe just a conincidence?
cheers Bob