Dead ivy on foundation

So, I had this major infestation of ivy which covered big sections of a 4 foot high painted foundation wall and in some places extended up to the brick above. My basic strategy has been to spray the heck out of it with roundup last fall, then go out once a month in the winter to cut away the dead ivy that was loose. Now, there is still a fair amount of dead ivy with a death grip on the wall.
Whats the best way to procede now? Should I just continue manicuring it til the wall is almost clear, or just go ahead and try and clean it off by force and then repaint now? If so, whats the best approach, a scrubbrush?
Thanks.
-P
I'd go for a power washer, but be careful, they can rip bricks/mortar up, if you are not careful.

let it rot, paint late summer or fall.
attempting removal will likely do additional damage, let mother nature take care of it
On 6 Apr 2007 14:08:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

topcoat. Use safety glasses when prepping if using wire brush or wheel. BTDTY more times than I care to remember. Seems like there is always poison oak in with the ivy.
Have your mother in law over for dinner. Send her out to chew on the ivy while everyone else enjoys a nice pot roast dinner.
On 6 Apr 2007 14:08:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I found round up not good enough for ivy. I had to go and cut everything at ground level(weed wacker, and trimmers) and then wait for it to dry up to be removed by hand.
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

cut down then put rock salt around base of plant, add a little water, salt kills everything

Doesn't salting the land kill long term? Meaning you can't even have grass take seed later?
tom