Dead body in my attic

I just went into my attic to look for leaks. I noticed a strong bad odor as soon as I got up there. Then I found a skeleton laying on the floor in the insulation, directly on top of an exposed electrical box with bare wires. I never called any electricians, so it's not one of them. I never was robbed so it's not a robber, and no one else has been hired to work in my attic. The only possibility is that my wife hired someone, but she's been gone for over two years after she mysteriously vanished and has never been found by the authorities, and that was over two years ago.

How could this dead body get in my attic?

Larry

Reply to
larryfrinz

Since your wife vanished I would definitely say it is not her. TrollFeeder

Reply to
JohnR66

You should not have replied to this obviously off-topic message. You should have sent the OP to one of the CSI newsgroups...

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Prime Suspect in this disappearance, Larry

At least 50:50 odds in my book, the skeleton is his missing wife

Reply to
Robert Gammon

Lets see, after two years laying in the heat of summer and cold of winter, I don't think there would be much of a smell by now, you would have noticed it in the first stages of decomp. If there is only a skeleton then you really wouldn't be smelling much either.

Trolllllllll

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Absolutely.

Not too many people would bring this story to this ng if it were true.

But I should say that a a few months after I bought my house I went up in the attic and found two bodies. I was really surprised and wasn't sure at first what I had found because they were almost entirely covered by the pink fiberglass insulation. Only their beaks were sticking out. Eventually I concluded that they got in where the soffit vent screen had come away from the wood frame, but couldn't find their way yout.

Reply to
mm

Only their "beaks" sticking out, you mean you found 2 squid in your attic?

Reply to
Eigenvector

We get dead bodies in the cabin all the time. We only use the cabin in the fall and winter, so what ever has crawled,slithered or climbed in over the summer and has gotten trapped is usually still there by the time we get up there. We've found coons, rattlesnakes and many many birds. Even a dead deer up against the back door one year. It really hard to seal the cabin from everything, they (the critters) chew through the vents some come down the chimney pipe (stove removed after we leave for the season). Sometime the windows get busted out from occasional vandals. Its tough trying keep a cabin safe from everything when its 50 miles into the wilds and your 250 miles away. We never leave anything of value or food stuffs, cept for the whole cooler full of food we left one year, didn't realize until we were home that we were missing something!!! We do have a locked gennerator/well shed that we keep very secure and have extra window glass and building supplies in, that way we never have to run into town to fix something so we can stay.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Someone moved Jimmy Hoffa to your attic because the FBI was getting too close. I'd keep quiet about it if I were you, or they'll tear your house down like they did that horse barn in Michigan last month.

HTH :-)

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I got distracted and didn't finish the story. :-) Nah, they were just birds. They must have been desicated, but with the feathers, they looked about normal. If they had been pretty birds, I might have tried to do something with them.

Reply to
mm

First you should check to make sure it isn't your own skeleton.

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

Hmmm. Could be a problem if you ever try to sell this house, and the buyer's home inspector checks under the skeleton and finds those bare wires.

Reply to
Sev

A skeleton with no clothing means a naked person went up into your attic and got electrocuted. The only reason a naked person goes anywhere is to get laid. So someone went to the attic to get laid and got fried instead.

It's better than even money that it is your wife. The good news is you can collect the insurance money. The bad news is you is da prime suspect. Get a lawyer ASAP and try to concoct a great story.

Reply to
Dick Adams

He left out that he was farting at the time.

Reply to
jtees4

You should be a detective...I didn't even think of that and I bet most folks didn't.

Reply to
jtees4

Run screaming naked into the woods.

Reply to