de-stinking a car interior

Page 4 of 4
Tegger wrote:

How do you plan on "finding out what you want" if the data is not stored like you claim it isn't?

OK, I futzed around for a bit this morning and came up with....nothing.
The computer in question has Office 2003.
Microsoft's online help was useless. Google turned up numerous ways of viewing headers, but none of them matched up with any of the menu dialog boxes I saw, and I could not find any menus at all where I had the option of getting at the headers.
This is stupid.
--
Tegger

On 1/26/11 5:41 PM, in article Xns9E79BE290D604tegger@208.90.168.18,

If you can find the actual message file(s), try dumping it out with a fully functional editor (I like emacs).

Outlook REMOVES the headers from the message. The headers are stored SEPARATELY, but linked to the appropriate message somehow. It is that separate store which I cannot find.
Outlook Express, Thunderbird and other email clients I have used do NOT split their messgaes up in the manner of Outlook.
--
Tegger

On 1/27/11 6:28 AM, in article Xns9E7A4C0BF60E7tegger@208.90.168.18,

I confess I never use Outlook. Started to set it up once, but it was so cryptic and dysfunctional I just stick with Outlook Express when I have to use PC's. Moved to a Mac in '02 and have never looked back.
This page ( http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/viewheaders.htm ) & the additional links in it appear to have some reasonable looking ideas to get the headers. I don't have an Outlook set up right now to try any of them. Looks like a big mess. I guess its one of those things that depends on how badly you need it.
Tegger wrote:

I disliked MS readers too. My younger staff set me up with ThunderBird email/news. It's a free software program. Click [V]iew, [H]eaders. Toggle normal or full display. Even I can manage that.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:27:18 -0500, aemeijers wrote:

So, how'd you get rid of the smell?
On 1/25/2011 11:13 PM, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote:

It's been awhile- IIRC, time, Febreeze, some slow-evaporating waxy stuff in a tub that reminded me of 1960s mens room air freshener, and a lot of parking in asphalt-ocean parking lots with the windows open in the sunny summertime. For awhile, if the weather was damp, and you let it sit a day, you could catch a whiff as you first got in, but even that finally went away.
--
aem sends...

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:27:42 -0500, "John Gilmer"

an "ozonator" really helps too. Or a bag of charcoal left in the car out in the sun with the windows closed.