Dayton electric motor capacitor, help identifying

I have a 2hp Dayton (Grainger) model# 6K393N that has a missing capacitor, I pulled the covers to check them, and one side, the longer cover was empty, just the 2 wires. I'm hoping someone has one with that model # that would be kind enough to look to see what value the missing cap should be. There have to be 1000's of those out there, I got it in a deal a while back, & hadn't tried to use it till the other day, it didn't take long to find the problem, but now to find out what cap it takes.....
Eric in North TX wrote:

Google is your friend. Run capacitor is 5 MFD, 370V AC rating.

I spent quite a bit of time googleing before resorting to begging for help, can you tell me where you found it. The other cap is there, it is a 16mfd
Eric in North TX wrote:

Hi, Do a search for starting capacitor Dayton 6K393 motor. And send an email to a parts supplier when you come up with one. www.eurtonelectric.com is the one to try. They sell caps for all kinds motor. I did a search using capacitor dayton 3K693 motor.
Eric in North TX wrote:

Both caps are missing? Google shows all kinds info about that motor.

Grainger which distributes Dayton brand motors sells parts for many of the things in their inventory. I would try giving them a call.

Sounds like the 5 mfd. is the run capacitor and the 16 may be for 'Power Correction Factor'? As Tony Hwang mentions there should be info via Google.
stan wrote:
message

I would expect the 16 mfd cap is a start capacitor.
Run capacitors are always in the circuit (start caps only while starting) so they are more substantial - don't use a 'start' capacitor.
--
bud--

bud-- wrote:

Yes, start cap is much bigger in value as a general rule.
On 9/9/2009 4:15 AM John Grabowski spake thus:

Well, duh! That's the first thing *I* would have done. What's up with the Googling, emailing, etc? Just call their toll-free number. They can find all kinds of stuff for you (especially since it's actually one of their products).