Dangers of using websites to send articles or pics or anything.

When you use the built-in service of tinypic or a a news website or any other website to send emails to friends, I believe the website keeps those email addresses to advertise themselves and even maybe to sell to spammers. After all, they are providing a free service and need to make money somehow. But be aware you are giving out your friends' email adresses.
They may or may not realize what you've done, but they may not like the result.
If you want to avoid this, take the urls and send them to your friends by means of your own email program. It may actually take less time because you have nicknames for most of the friends you email.

With the way you cut and pasted this post, I had to read it several times before I decided that you are correct.
Your last paragraph is the best advice.
Copy the URLs to notepad and then send them to your friends. You may include as many as you like with little potential abuse possibilities. Though I should add some sites use scripts to attempt to extract an email address from visitors. A good AV or security program will block those sites.
So this is good advice.
--
Colbyt
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 20:33:39 -0500, "Colbyt"

Sorry, it was a longer post just written to a thread that probably no one is reading anymore. (The series of threads where Kate finally succeeds in posting the url of her crown molding.) So I copied part of it to make it a new thread.

mm wrote:

Yes, I am still here reading this. Thanks for the info.