Dangerous equipment in breaker panel

Over the years I've found all manner of nasty conditions in breaker panels. This was a new one for me!!!

RBM

Now I know why you should not leave those knock-outs open. :-)

I guess she liked the nice warm nest.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

What's the problem. He wasn't a rattler.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

I'm amazed that snake didn't manage to fry itself. Maybe snakeskin is an insulator.

Was that panel powered when you found the critter?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Why would you want to do that. Those were mice you did not need worry about.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

My dad and I once found a mouse nest in a box in the pumphouse for the well at a Boy Scout camp. We never figured out how mommy and the babies did not get fried by the 220 volt buses.

Reply to
John_B

My fix for no water was to remove the remains of a mouse that did fry himself and replace the fuse. Was not a pretty sight nor and easy job.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Reply to
Art Todesco

An electrical inspector once told me of an installation in a barn where a small section of Romex a couple of inches long had a section where ALL the insulation had "dissappeared" -- the outer jacket AND the insulation on the hot an neutral conductors.

The spacing between the conductors had been maintained, so no short had occurred, but he marvelled over how there was no sign of any mouse carcuses near by.

Reply to
Calvin Henry-Cotnam

Gives new meaning to the phrase " snaking wires".

Reply to
Mikepier