Damp Proofing Brick Foundation

I'm trying to damp proof my brick foundation. The method that was recommended was to coat the below grade part with roofing cement and stick on a continuous sheet of 4 mil poly. I'm also doing a perforated drain pipe and gravel. Does this sound like a sound method?
Thanks
Mike
<< Does this sound like a sound method? >>
Seems to work pretty well on concrete block from what I've seen. Ought to do about as well on brick. Getting the asphalt to stick on the brick will require some finesse. Some contractors in our area have spray equipment. Doubling up on the 4 mil won't add much to the price and might be cheap insurance to accomplish what you are trying to do. HTH.
Joe
The roofing cement should stick, that stuff will stick to anything it seems
Mike

do
won't
are

Dave M wrote:

While I could be wrong, I believe there is a difference between roofing cement and the mastic used to waterproof foundations. There are several different systems available depending on the conditions and needs. I suggest you check with local contractors to determine what works well in your area.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math