Damp/mildew on furniture

I have a g/f flat and a small chest of drawers and the pinewood bedframe adjacent to the wall get damp/mildew on them. If I wash off with a

50/50 water/vinegar and then polish with beeswax will this solve/slow down the problem? Thank you.
Reply to
mikehh

" I have a g/f flat and a small chest of drawers and the pinewood bedframe

Problem is with the room humidity and/or g/f drainage issues. Perhaps better ventilation would help. You may also have a plumbing or rain leak inside the wall, or seepage up through the floor. Unfortunately all waxes invite more mildew - it actually feeds off the wax. Bottom line - environment needs attention, before vinegar and wax, which is a bandaid on a problem needing a cast and a splint! In the meantime, pull the chest of drawers and bedframe out a bit from the wall, to allow evaporation of moisture into the room. Roger

Reply to
Roger

You might want to tackle the source of the moisture first. Is the house too humid? Is this real close to an unvented kitchen/bath?

tom @

Just Joshin