Damp/mildew on furniture

I have a g/f flat and a small chest of drawers and the pinewood bedframe adjacent to the wall get damp/mildew on them. If I wash off with a 50/50 water/vinegar and then polish with beeswax will this solve/slow down the problem? Thank you.
--
mikehh

" I have a g/f flat and a small chest of drawers and the pinewood bedframe

Problem is with the room humidity and/or g/f drainage issues. Perhaps better ventilation would help. You may also have a plumbing or rain leak inside the wall, or seepage up through the floor. Unfortunately all waxes invite more mildew - it actually feeds off the wax. Bottom line - environment needs attention, before vinegar and wax, which is a bandaid on a problem needing a cast and a splint! In the meantime, pull the chest of drawers and bedframe out a bit from the wall, to allow evaporation of moisture into the room. Roger
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:12:53 +0100, mikehh

You might want to tackle the source of the moisture first. Is the house too humid? Is this real close to an unvented kitchen/bath?
tom @ www.YourMoneyMakingIdeas.com