Damp basement floor.

hello all...

My wife and I just purchased our first home which is approximately 80 yrs old. The basement floor seems to be damp. The thing is that much of the dampness is located in the centre of the floor. Its as if the uneven concrete floor is acting like a sponge. There does appear to be 2 leaks on either side of the house which I will have to fix but I can't figure out why the centre of the floor is damp. There is also quite a bit of dampness around our furnace. I realize that I may be a little vague here but any ideas are much appreciated!!

Thanks!!!!

Reply to
r.w.