damn that Julie Bove!

Page 6 of 8  


you're wrong, it's not the handgun, it's the person(criminal)that is in possession of it. I'm not going to rehash this subject again, but you are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong You really should spend some time reading the link that our good friend Oren provided for us. you will see just how many myths you continue to repeat.
http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/6.2/gun-facts-6-2-screen.pdf
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
'ChairMan[_6_ Wrote: > ;3293627']

Well, what you're saying is obviously correct. The handguns themselves don't pull their own triggers. It's the mind of the person holding the gun that is ultimately responsible for what the gun does and what it is used for.
The same argument can be made for knives, ice picks, baseball bats, chain saws and hammers and virtually anything that can be used as a weapon.
What I'm saying is that as long as hand guns are available to the general population, they'll be available to criminals, and the bikers and the gangstas, and the crazies that decide they're gonna shoot up a school before they kill themselves.
I see that as really the only major difference between Canadian and American gun laws. Any Canadian adult with a clean criminal record can purchase a rifle or shot gun suitable for sport shooting or hunting. But, hand guns are much more strictly regulated and generally only available to the police. That's because they lend themselves well to concealment, and that lends itself well to criminal activities.
But, I also recognize that neither of us are going to change each other's minds about the subject. Better we just agree to disagree than to argue until the discussion deteriorates into an insult hurling contest, which would do more harm than good.
--
nestork


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/8/2014 4:25 PM, nestork wrote:

It's been shown in the USA, that areas with more permissive gun laws have lower crime. Is that laws less, due to lower crime, or lower crime due to less laws? I remember from years ago, one of the sates, perhaps Florida, relaxed the laws and saw crime go down. I know that places like Washington DC and New York City have increased laws and increased crime.
. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus www.lds.org .
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/08/2014 02:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Stormin is correct. Crime goes down. The only exception is burglary, where the home is unattended. Hot burglary goes was down.
Criminals don't obey gun laws.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/8/2014 4:41 PM, Todd wrote:

True... When Florida became a SHALL Issue state, crime dropped like a rock. The only ones who suffered were the tourists driving rental vehicles (easily identifiable) Since they were "foreigners" most were presumed to be unarmed and thus easy prey.
What does that tell you about "gun-free" zones.
Again, they are not. I'm law abiding but I'll be damned if I will leave my gun behind when I go to the mall, etc. No one will ever know I'm armed until it's too late FOR THEM. I'll take my chances with a jury. At least, hopefully, I'll be alive to plead my case.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 21:43:59 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

The problem got so bad that rental companies removed all identifying stickers and such from their cars.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/8/2014 10:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I'd like to think that there were some VERY surprised predators who were dumb enough to assume that NO tourist could possibly be carrying and thus was an easy mark. April Fools, mutha.......
Kinda like the vermin who break into some old folks home and receive the FINAL surprise of their lives.<g>
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/08/2014 08:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Wonder what would happen if they substituted NRA and GOA stickers?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/9/2014 2:35 PM, Todd wrote:

More car burglaries, most likely.
I am an NRA Life Member but the only way you'd know is to look at my magazine stash or the sticker on my gun cleaning tool box. No window or car stickers, thank you very much.
I've carried for better than 47 years and the only people who knew I carried either saw me in uniform or was somebody who knew what I did for a living. Post retirement, I always carry and nobody other than friends and family know it.
Carry concealed, be situationally aware and chances are good that no one will ever realize you're carrying. That should be everyone's goal.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
news:50vZv.378439> I'd like to think that there were some VERY surprised predators who were

Especially now that most states honor other states concealed carry permitts.
--
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/08/2014 01:25 PM, nestork wrote:

Actually, that is not how is it done. It doesn't matter what is available to the general population.
Criminals get guns through the same black market channels as they do drugs. If you remove legal channels of purchase, the black market will not be affected. Drugs are outlawed and no one has any trouble whatsoever getting them. Same with guns. Criminals don't even have a background check or a waiting period to purchase one.
The fallacy to the general availability argument is that its proponents think criminals will obey the law. They are called criminals for a reason.
Then only criminals, individual and the government class, will have guns. And it will be open season on the rest of us. Sort of like a gun free school or theater.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Or it has been changed so the skin is tough and there is no taste. Like the tomatoes we get around here. Even many of the local ones are tough and not much taste the farmers sell in the local stores.

--
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/08/2014 07:19 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Hi Ralph,
1+ A lot of the stuff has been hybridized to lay flat and to withstand being picked green. YUK!!!
I have a theory. People don't buy produce because it tastes like crap.
When I grow it myself or buy local, the stuff is very tasty. First batch on local organic carrots I bought stunk my car up so bad it was everything I could do to not stop the car and devour them! (Farmer told me later he preferred the term "aroma". Huh?) Since when did carrots have a (pleasant) smell!
-T
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Todd wrote:

Hi, Even organic banana tastes better and easy on stomach. odays salt/fat/sugar laden processed food stuff is just name sake food. On top of that irridation, GMO, hybridizing, etc., Oh, NO way. They don't care about nutritional value, only cares about looking good, longer shelf life, unnatural taste numbing out taste bud.
Heard about experiment once done about Kellog's cereal in a box? When it was given to hungry mouse, they were munching the box, not the contents. That kinda cereal is dead food.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/08/2014 10:26 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi Tony,
Ya no fooling.
Bananas are sold wholesale in two categories: Green and Yellow Tip. The Yellow Tip ones are the only ones that have any hope of ripening.
Bought a green organic banana from Trader Joe's once just to see it it would ever ripen. It did not. Ask a matter of fact, it was so hard, it could be used as a hammer.
I have a rule, if it did not come from either the produce isle or the meat counter, it AINT food. And, sometimes, those are not food either.
Your cereal example is a good one for my rule. It would be an interesting experiment to feed one group of mice just the box and another group just the contents. Wonder who would be healthier. Hmmmmm.
If you like bananas (I can't eat them anymore -- too high carb), try an organic small red plantain. Very rich banana taste. Yellow bananas today are not the same as we ate as kids. They are a hybrid to get past some banana disease. They taste chalky. And the disease has caught up to the hybrid, so the hybrid is on its way out too. The red ones are apparently immune. Try one!
-T
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ralph Mowery wrote:

Hi, Not what we are growing and eating in season. Melts in the mouth, LOL!

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
With the events of late, and wells run dry and all. I can't remember that Danny D has posted in the last few days? Might be busy hauling water, and stamping out forest fires with his webbed feet?
Hope he's OK. Hate to lose another good man off this list.
. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus www.lds.org .
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Thu, 09 Oct 2014 07:53:29 -0400:

I've been busy helping one neighbor suspend a 100-foot long treehouse further and further into the redwoods ...
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5611/15453538738_e049344c53_b.jpg
And, helping another cut 1,000 feet into the chaparral:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5605/15615919516_5bb9d0c1cf_b.jpg
And, learning all about chainsaws as I cut up some fallen trees:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3953/15452942669_7d4d6e8c81_b.jpg
And, organizing community hikes in the mountains for the families:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3954/15453491878_e5871fee41_b.jpg
As for hauling water, here's the setup the neighbor has been using for the past two months, to truck water from the hydrant to home:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5597/15019358353_9488769718_b.jpg
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 10/27/2014 3:22 AM, Danny D. wrote:

Yes, that sounds busy. Thanks for the photos, makes it a bit more clear what you are doing.
Also, sounds like you're having more fun than most folks.
- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus www.lds.org .
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 03:41:07 -0400:

Well, my back is killing me lately!
:)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.