damn that Julie Bove!

Yup. The constitution simply allows laws that discriminate against people convicted of crimes. It is actually a pretty far reaching power that they have left the government too. There are laws that make it illegal for felons to have guns but they also restrict other weapons, who a criminal can associate with, where they can live, whether they can vote, licenses they can't hold and lots of other things that are normally a right.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hi Ed,

Especially production organic. They are picked so green they are disgusting.

Do you have a community supported farm anywhere around?

-T

Reply to
Todd

Or it has been changed so the skin is tough and there is no taste. Like the tomatoes we get around here. Even many of the local ones are tough and not much taste the farmers sell in the local stores.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Hi Ralph,

1+ A lot of the stuff has been hybridized to lay flat and to withstand being picked green. YUK!!!

I have a theory. People don't buy produce because it tastes like crap.

When I grow it myself or buy local, the stuff is very tasty. First batch on local organic carrots I bought stunk my car up so bad it was everything I could do to not stop the car and devour them! (Farmer told me later he preferred the term "aroma". Huh?) Since when did carrots have a (pleasant) smell!

-T

Reply to
Todd

True... When Florida became a SHALL Issue state, crime dropped like a rock. The only ones who suffered were the tourists driving rental vehicles (easily identifiable) Since they were "foreigners" most were presumed to be unarmed and thus easy prey.

What does that tell you about "gun-free" zones.

Again, they are not. I'm law abiding but I'll be damned if I will leave my gun behind when I go to the mall, etc. No one will ever know I'm armed until it's too late FOR THEM. I'll take my chances with a jury. At least, hopefully, I'll be alive to plead my case.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Agreed, "Shall Issue" should be the rule of law. If one is unfit, prove it and deny. If you (government) can't articulate just cause to deny. Back off.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

The problem got so bad that rental companies removed all identifying stickers and such from their cars.

Reply to
gfretwell

Todd:

I will concede that what you say makes sense. Outlawing hand guns will predominantly prevent law abiding and responsible gun owners from acquiring hand guns. That's because these are the people that want to stay on the right side of the law and will abide by the law, even though they may not agree with it. But, those same laws will have little effect on those that get their guns illegally anyway. You'd have to work for the government not to see the logic there.

My feeling is that for all of the citizens in the USA that have handguns, an extremely small percentage of them are ever used. Here in Canada, I've watched TV shows where retired police officers admit that they can count on the fingers of one hand how many times during their long careers that they actually pulled their service revolver out of it's holster, and fewer still the number of times they actually fired a shot at someone.

If the police that deal with the criminal element in our society rarely use their hand guns, how much more rare is it for John Q. Public to need to pull his concealed weapon out? I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people with concealed weapons permits in the USA have never had to even reach for their gun.

And, therein lies a danger. If the average person rarely, if ever, needs to actually have a gun available to them, then the fact that there is a gun available to them creates a liability. If they hear someone downstairs late at night, they may reach for their weapon only to find out that their teenage daughter stayed out too late and didn't get home until very late. Or they may take their gun with them when answering their doorbell late at night only to find it's a lost traveller asking for directions. My point is that if the average person rarely, if ever, needs to have a gun around, then having a gun available to them 24/7 increases the liklihood of people being shot by mistake.

Reply to
nestork

Hi, Not what we are growing and eating in season. Melts in the mouth, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Even organic banana tastes better and easy on stomach. odays salt/fat/sugar laden processed food stuff is just name sake food. On top of that irridation, GMO, hybridizing, etc., Oh, NO way. They don't care about nutritional value, only cares about looking good, longer shelf life, unnatural taste numbing out taste bud.

Heard about experiment once done about Kellog's cereal in a box? When it was given to hungry mouse, they were munching the box, not the contents. That kinda cereal is dead food.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yes, and we have a local farmer's market and farm stands with excellent produce. I don't eat watermelon in January so I avoid most of the imported stuff with no flavor.

I also get my citrus right from Florida and the difference is incredible. The oranges drip all over as you peel them and they are shipped right off the vine.

I have two orders placed for the season.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Do you have a yard and garden or grass? if not, get a couple of plastic 5 gallon pails and grow your own.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

With the events of late, and wells run dry and all. I can't remember that Danny D has posted in the last few days? Might be busy hauling water, and stamping out forest fires with his webbed feet?

Hope he's OK. Hate to lose another good man off this list.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do we have to beg the government for a permit for free speech? How about a permit for right not to self incriminate? How about a permit to refuse to quarter soldiers?

I suggest that the concept of needing a permit to exercise a Creator Endowed right is repugnant to the concept of freedom.

Carry openly or concealed, no permit needed.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd like to think that there were some VERY surprised predators who were dumb enough to assume that NO tourist could possibly be carrying and thus was an easy mark. April Fools, mutha.......

Kinda like the vermin who break into some old folks home and receive the FINAL surprise of their lives.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Especially now that most states honor other states concealed carry permitts.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I planted 10 tomato plants (that is all I plant) this year and just got a few the squirrels got most of them. For some reason they left the two cherry tomato plants alone.

Put out a trap and neighbor did also. We got rid of over a dozen of those tomato eaters. I live in the country with about 3 acers and half of that is woods and the neighbor next to me has several acers also, some in woods. Set my 22 rifle and shotgun beside the basement door (walkout basement) and have declaired war on the tomaote eaters. I have not hunted or killed any animals in years,but am going to start on those bushey tailed rats.

I have a 5 year old grandson that loves the cherry tomatoes. He will eat them like candy and polish off over a dozen in one sitting if you let him.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Bout twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad (military vet, and good person) got tired of the squirrel. He shot it with a rifle. Next day, same again. He gave up after 300 squirrels. Might want to buy your grand son a pump up air rifle, and put him on duty.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Grandson lives too far away for that and he needs a couple of more years before he will be big enough to hold up a long gun.

I am a member of a gun club and just like to shoot. The more targets , the better for me.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

In that case, it works out nicely. Well, not as nice for the squirrels. But, that's OK.