damn that Julie Bove!

That makes no sense. How could *my* asking a few legit questions kill this group? I wasn't even *in* the thread in question and I have no intention of going there. Because I have no answer for the person.

Reply to
Julie Bove

OMG! Now *you* are over here as well? You are pretty much destroying the diabetes food group and being very mean to an elderly poster there.

That wasn't the only thing you called her but I have no intention of dragging that fight over here.

And you, Todd are the pig! :)

Reply to
Julie Bove

Well, I'm going to stick my neck in here and say not to. I can swim. But I'm not Houdini.

What I don't understand is... Why are people talking about me when I am not here? Why are people such as Todd who claims to have me kill-filed, dragging up stuff from other groups? Yeah, he called his wife a Trophy wife and apparently he is claiming that isn't a nasty thing to say. I can't think of any woman who would want to be referred to as that, or the other name he called her. I won't bother even getting into that. None of this makes any sense.

I wouldn't even have come back here except that I accidentally clicked on this NG and saw my name.

Nothing is broken in my house right now or even needs to be repaired although it should get a new coat of paint.

Reply to
Julie Bove

What is wrong with you? Why are you doing this? Why would anyone drag stuff from one newsgroup to another? What are you doing? Stalking me? How many other names do you use?

There is nothing wrong with *my* spirit. I have better things to do than to act in such a childish manner as you people here are. I don't know how old Pico is, but I know you are older than me. This is pathetic. :(

Reply to
Julie Bove

Nonsense. I said that the problems are all fixed although the plumber said we should probably extend the vent pipe up another foot out of the roof. It is up to code though but he said that might prevent the flame from going out in high winds. Might but also might not. That will likely have to wait about three weeks though. I have other fish to fry.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Yes, I'm a good cook. Why is any of this being discussed here./

Reply to
Julie Bove

Curious mind wants to know, how they were fixed. Not just fixed. What did they do on the opener and WH?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I did post of it. Basically they had to redo most of the installation. Nothing was put up properly. Some wires were too tight and some were too loose. They tightened the loose ones but the ones on either side of the garage door are far too tight. This was likely done out of spite after I complained about the loose hanging wire everywhere. The end result? If someone so much as lightly bumps either of the sensors (eyes) which were also improperly installed, this will knock the sensor out of place and pull on the wires causing trouble. They put the sensors just at the edges of the garage door opening instead of further back like the old ones were and up far too high.

The unit itself was being held up by only one nut and bolt instead of two and the brackets were put on the wrong part of the opener. Originally the installer tried to use the old brackets for a Genie and the whole thing was so wobbly, it was about to fall down. After I complained, he used the correct brackets. Just installed them wrong. The end result of that was that the unit itself was on the verge of falling down and the chain was about to come off the track yet again. So that was all put right. And that is why my door wouldn't fully close. Everything was too loose.

I might still have a problem with the sensors and their wires. If I do I will have to call the new guy back again but it will mean having to rewire those as they currently cut the wires so short there was nothing he could do except use new wire.

As for the keypad, neither of the new guys were familiar with the unit and looking on the Internet for instructions were of no more help to them than they were for me. It just wasn't working right. And it was a generic unit. They had the correct unit for this opener and they installed it for a mere $30

I'm sure I left out some details. Oh and... I did report the first company to the BBB and the complaint has been registered. And the next call these new guys were making was across the street from me to a house with exactly the same complaints that I had!

The new installers said that most of the companies in this area and not just garage doors but other types of repairs are run by some guy or people in a call center, not necessarily even in this state. They outsource to foreign people. The older guy's wife once followed up on a company that outsources to Mexicans and found their address to be a Dairy Queen. Yep. They are rampant here. Oh and the name of the good company? Barron's Garage Doors. Anyone in the Seattle area who has door or opener problems that they can't fix themselves? Call them. They would have done the job for less than half what we paid. Not sure why my bro couldn't get in contact with them. He told me that someone was sick or in the hospital so they couldn't come right away. But they told me that part wasn't true. They did say that they were very busy at some point so that may just have been it./

Reply to
Julie Bove

Todd still here? He engaged me in lengthy discussion of religion, on AHR and on email. After a few weeks, it became clear he's not "discussing" in the usual sense of the term.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You've got that right. He is very set in his opinions on seemingly everything and it's either his way or get put in his kill-file. And that's really all that any of this is. His opinions. But why in the world either he or Pico would drag up stuff that went on in another newsgroup to here is beyond me. Both just seem to love stirring up trouble. I only brought it up because he did it to me first. Not that he'll even see any of this because he does have me kill-filed. I just thought he was off doing other things and not on Usenet. Apparently not. But the more I think about this... Since you mentioned religion, that may well be *why* he is being mean to that other woman. Religion. She is of one that is not his. :(

Reply to
Julie Bove

I'm far less than perfect, in people matters. Can't remember all the gambits and counter moves, and who said what, and when. But, the general impression from my memory is that Julie B has been sincere, and seeking infor- mation. Less sure about the sincerity of the others you mention.

As people are usually consistent, it's easy to imagine that the same Todd who pounded on my head with a rolled up news paper would pound some one else.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

tony, you need to go back and reread what Ed wrote. Ed never said anything remotely to what you posted

Reply to
ChairMan

You are correct. I misread it badly.

By the way, my Trophy Wife loves the new rollers on her chair. Thank you!

Reply to
Todd

Every since getting online, I check licenses for any contractors to see if there are outstanding complaints and that are bonded, have insurance and, if they have employees, workers comp. Except for very small chores, I get 3 references - recent and a few years back, and check them all out.

I had a plumber quote me a hot water heater installation that as mostly a rooter guy, and didn't know enough for a water heater job. I ended up getting someone else. Later I called that first one for rooting and he had sold the business and moved out of state 3 years ago. Meanwhile, the guy who bought the company had closed it and was just doing work on the side of his regular job. From what I've seen, a lot of these companies come and go.

Reply to
Guv Bob

Hi, I know, I was little over board. I don't like time wasters. I am in good mood today, I found what I need for my sun room wall mounted heat pump/ I need a new capillary thermostat to run it in heat mode. Even found a replacement in Indiana(Shorty's HVAC parts) our collection of orchids won't freeze when it gets cold. We already received 2nd snow fall.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi TOny,

Do you have a garden?

The first freeze messes up my garden something awful.

We have snow on our mountains.

-T

Reply to
Todd

Yep! And I did come here trying to understand the problems I was having but I dislike being called crazy and having other posters telling people not to respond to me. So unless my name should come up here again and I hope it will not, I will be getting my information elsewhere and I will try not to post here. It's apparently just not a pleasant place. At least in not in terms of some of the posters. And again, thanks to those who did try to help.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Every since getting online, I check licenses for any contractors to see if there are outstanding complaints and that are bonded, have insurance and, if they have employees, workers comp. Except for very small chores, I get 3 references - recent and a few years back, and check them all out.

I had a plumber quote me a hot water heater installation that as mostly a rooter guy, and didn't know enough for a water heater job. I ended up getting someone else. Later I called that first one for rooting and he had sold the business and moved out of state 3 years ago. Meanwhile, the guy who bought the company had closed it and was just doing work on the side of his regular job. From what I've seen, a lot of these companies come and go.

===

The main problem with the door saga was that I had just gotten out of the hospital. I won't get into all of that here but I had nearly died and was very weak plus even more disabled than usual because I was still recovering from a foot operation.

While I had been in the hospital, my sister in law accidentally broke the last working door opener that we had. So she was going to have my brother call the company I eventually did go to to put it right to install a new opener, give us three remotes for the cars and install a wireless keypad. And from there it all goes South.

Somehow those people couldn't do the job then nor did they know when they could get to it so my brother called this other place that he said came highly rated. I have since looked for any sort of ratings about them and can find none except for my complaint to the BBB.

And because I was weak, still very ill and trying to recover, I couldn't go out there and oversee what was going on. Plus my husband already paid the company half of the money before they even did the job. I would not have given them a dime until the job was completed.

To make matters worse, my husband just left. He wants nothing to do with waiting around or overseeing anything. I begged him to stay. And my daughter was in school that day. So I couldn't do much except to hobble into the garage from time to time and make numerous phone calls to the supervisor when I saw many things going wrong. And the installer who was Middle Eastern was merely dismissing me as being a woman who knows nothing. I hate to sterotype but I had a roommate with a Middle Eastern boyfriend. He and his friends could be very rude to us because that is just how they treat women. Not all of them I am sure. I am sure some will change their ways once they have been in this country for a while but... He was one of the sterotypical ones who does not hold women in high regard so I could see that I was getting nowhere with him. Such as when I pointed out the loose wires and the fact that the unit was shaking so hard it looked like it was about to fall down. He just said words in some other language, made some wild hand movements towards me and said that it just had to be that way.

Over the course of about three weeks they eventually came back a few times and attempted to put the job right but I seriously doubt that any one of them is actually capable of doing that. I didn't even have the right lightbulb in there! First guy said any bulb would do but the last person said not to put the CFL bulbs in there because they break too easily. He also said that a 100 watt bulb could melt the plastic cover.

Anyway... That stupid nightmare is over now.

Next job is to get the house painted but I know that the painter is good. He lives right behind me and I know his work! :) Plus my daughter goes to school with his daughter. So if something should go wrong, at least I know where to find him.

Reply to
Julie Bove

For sure, that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience. The old folk song singers used to sing about one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch. But, in this case, perhaps one does?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi, Yes, sort of, on a palm size city lot. Back yard is all concrete pad I used park fiver there. One side yard is full of wild edible vegetables/herbs. Few fruit trees, TOO MANY delpheniums growing every where. We plant veges. in an old oak barrel cut in half filled with compost. All summer, green peppers, zucchini, cukes, green onion, beans,chad, lettuce,tomato etc. are growing enough for two of us. About dozen of those half barrels which came from local distillery. Wife is green thumb indoor/outdoor. Out at cabin we tender wild flower bed. We use collected/stored rain water for watering. Some hardy rose bushes which still have some flowers. In the morning it is frosty lately. Today, about 20C. Tomorrow heading out for hiking upto 4000 feet level in the Rockies taking wife's god mother visiting us from back home, Seoul, Korea.

Reply to
Tony Hwang