damaged track of sliding glass door

My sliding glass door is hard to open. There are a couple indentations in the bottom track and the rear indentation causes the door to hang up. It looks like someone took a hammer and purposely beat two 1/4" indentations. I guess the previous owner did it to keep kids from opening it or something. I tried filling them with devcon's metal patch and fill compound. In the minor dent it works, but in the deeper one it keeps breaking out. Any ideas I could try short of replacing the track/frame?
Check with your local hardware store; they sell an 8-foot steel cap which you can just snap over the old lower runner. It covers just the runner the wheel rides on.
- Mister Foldee