Damaged Joist Pt 4

Thanks, Rick. I don't care about the drywall, but won't cutting those other boards just further worsen my problem? Then the support will be really messed up. I have much better access on one side of the joist than the other. Can I do the one side as best I can (the width of the staircase, 3-4 ft), and then do another longer piece of wood on the other side? Id say I have about 6 feet of access there.
On Oct 10, 10:41 pm, "hotwheels514"

I haven't been following your thread(s), but I'm curious - why are you repeatedly starting new threads while discussing the same topic? Your thread won't get buried unless there's no activity - and that's the way it should be. If there's activity your thread will jump to the top. It will also make it harder for people searching newsgroups to find a complete thread of information.