Dad's Wise Sayings

Every now and again, I think of a wise saying Dad used to use.
Measure twice, cut once. Never take a flight of stairs empty handed.
I'll think of more, in the days ahead. Will share with the list. You may share also, or flame my sorry oversized butt if you wish.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

my niece recently said one that I am sure she heard from me many years ago: "learn from the mistakes of others"
Stormin Mormon wrote:

"If it ain't broke, don't fuck with it." The advice has served me well over the years.
On 5/20/2014 7:06 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

One that has served me well for many years:
Well, it doesn't work now does it? I guess we can't hurt it very bad trying to fix it.
--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .

This is from my grandfather, a mason and carpenter. It explains why all of the risers on a set of steps have to be the same height:
"The feet remember."
On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:12:42 AM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yep, My BIL built a two-sstory log house using green logs. Of course measures had to be taken to allow settling as the logs cured. Result the top step was different from all the rest. No matter how many times I went up it, I always forgot.
They are known as "trippers" for very good reason.
Harry K

Never 'spit' into the wind. But different orifice.

When in doubt, stick with what you know
Don't argue with an Idiot--he will drag you down to his level and will win because of his experience. MLD

You don't tug on Superman's cape You don't spit into the wind You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger And you don't mess around with Jim
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jimcroce/youdontmessaroundwithjim.html
On 05/20/2014 08:06 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Man who fart in church sit in own pew.
It doesn't matter what you do, someone won't like it.
If a man speaks where no woman can hear him, is he still wrong?