D-1 Spa is not hot enough!

104 degrees is just not hot enough. Does anyone else agree? I have a D-1 spa with a gecko control system and I want to get it higher than 104 degrees. I contacted both D-1 and Gecko but they (of course) were no help. Any ideas?
Reply to
Plunker

|104 degrees is just not hot enough. Does anyone else agree? I have a |D-1 spa with a gecko control system

You have problems with geckos getting into your spa? Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

104 is hot enough. No one with any sense would knowingly override controls to make it hotter. You will void the warranty and you would be liable for any injuries.
Reply to
SQLit

There are laws which prevent legitimate spa dealers and repairmen to override the 104 setting. I usually keep ours around 100, and it's plenty hot enough for me. You may be able to find someone who knows how to override the limiter, but as other responders to this post have said, it may void your warranty, if you still have one. Try posting your question to the bulletin board at poolandspa.com. Some of the people who participate in that board are repaid people who may help you.

Dave

Reply to
DaveG

RTFM. Spa temperature limiters were put on there for a reason. A lifelong friend of mine died from overexposure to a high temperature spa.

No.

I doubt that you will get the factory to help you kill yourself. It really messes up their PR and insurance rates.

Leave it where it is, and heed the medical warnings. Or just get a big pot and a big burner and .....................

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Just throw in one of those electric barbeque lighters , they work shockingly fast.

Reply to
m Ransley

I have a tub that used to have a Gecko control. It had an overide where if you held the temp up button long enough (after you hit 104) you could get the temp up to 107. Personally 105 is too hot for me - I like it at 103 max.

I don't know if the newer Gecko Controls allow such an overide. We got a new control (non-Gecko) because the old geckco control's sticker over the buttons kept coming off. I know the newer Gecko's don't have this sticker prob though.

Keep cool! ;-)

Reply to
Lex

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I've been sensing some ridicule in some of these replies. I'm not looking for 212 degrees, but 108 or 110 would be great. I have been a regular hot spring bather at temperatures this high and my old Hot Springs Classic tub hit 108 regurlarly. I'm not the type to sit in it for long periods and stew my skin off either. I am quite aware of the warranty issues and I was sure the factory wasn't going to help me but I thought I'd try anyway to cover all the bases. I am not looking for advice on why I shouldn't raise to temp., I'm looking for advice on how to raise the temp.

Reply to
Plunker

Try going to this site and then checking or asking at that message board. Good Luck

Reply to
ivan