cyanuric acid too high in pool

Is this a bad thing? My pool LOOKS great! I justhad the water tested and they said the cyanuric acid to too high. What happens if I do not drain the water out to lower it?

Kim

Reply to
Scott

New one on me, I guess because I'm in a cold climate:

Dan Espen

You can get to the point where all of your chlorine is locked up and not working for you.

Reply to
gfretwell

Depending on your chlorine source it may continue to climb during the summer. At high levels of CYA chlorine is less efficient; you need to add more for the same 'disinfecting power'.

What's the CYA level? You may just need a partial drain.

Reply to
giroup01

A quote from that site: "It will take years to reach the 100 ppm maximum reading for Cyanuric Acid". That's just wrong. A 250 g trichlor puck raises the CYA by 13.5 ppm in a 10,000 liter pool.

Reply to
giroup01

Gee grams and liters, what's an USAian to make of that?

So 8 pucks and you have to drain the pool?

Reply to
Dan Espen

It may be easier to ask Google to convert than to ask the USA. Metric makes all those ppm calculations a breeze.

Yup, you may have to drain half your tiny 10,000 liter pool. Do the math, isos suck.

Reply to
giroup01