Cutting wood parquet floor tiles?

I have wood parquet floor tiles that I want to install myself. This is the kind with the metal strips to hold them together. What kind of saw do I use when I need to cut them? Also, what would be a good adhesive to use? I was told not to skimp here and get the best I can find to ensure a successful install.
On 25 Mar 2005 12:56:34 EST, snipped-for-privacy@toavoidspam.com wrote:

I cut mine with a regular wood blade on a hand saw rigged up to a portable table. No problems as the wire is soft and easily cut.
I recommend you follow the instructions on the flooring. It will tell you what adhesive to use. My 4 gal bucket of adhesive cost almost as much as the flooring. It takes a lot.
Something like a fine tooth cross-cut saw? I got the flooring at a flooring liquidattor..so no instructions or brand name. Would 4 gallons be enough for approx 75-90sf ?
PaulJ wrote:

I have parquet flooring that needs refinishing and am wondering if just replacing it with e.g., laminate wouldn't be just as cheap and probably more practical.

My parquet flooring was cheap laminate and if you tried to sand it, you would quickly go thru the thin laminate on top and get into something really ugly.
It looks fine so far.
I just cleaned mine with a quality cleaner and then applied Minwax floor poly on mine. It looked good and you couldn't see any scuff marks. What have you got to lose by trying it?

Sounds like a good steer. Which of these products did you use? http://www.minwax.com/products/protective/clear-shield-faq.cfm