Cutting wood flooring

I am going to cut some of the wooden flooring panels to make inserts in furniture making.
Is there a difference in these flooring materials? Are some more composite than others? Some have more actual wood in them? Brand name differences? Does this stuff cut well with a table saw? Suggestions on blades? Other tips and caveats? All cuts will be straight.
I am ASSuming that the stuff will be pretty durable, as it IS designed to be walked on.
Steve
You're just going to have to go to the store and select the stock based on what you see. Flooring is all over the map in terms of how much veneer vs. substrate wood is used. Samples may be available from websites.
In terms of a blade, I don't have a specific recommendation just more teeth and carbide tipped in general. You are probably going to have to router the edges anyway (or something) to get it to fit in the furniture

There are all types of flooring. Real wood, engineered wood, laminate that looks like wood and more.
Not knowing just what you want to do, I cant say what you need, but a good carbide blade is a good start. At a minimum, a Freud Diablo for about $50 and up to about $130 for better blades. If you are talking about composites, you will need the blade sharpened when you re done too. Tough stuff to cut.
Get back with more information for better recommendations.