Cutting stone with bandsaw ?

Page 2 of 2
You can get a carbide grit bandsaw blade. At work we cut computer floor tiles that are steel and have a cement like core for strength. We spoke with the folks at starett and actually sent them samples and they came back with recommendations for blades. we do not use any lubricant. yes it cuts down on blade life but it is not as messy and is not that much more we don't have the blade moving too fast.
this is what we use
http://catalog.starrett.com/catalog/catalog/groups.asp?GroupID 0
our tiles are only about 2' thick but there is also a bit of steel to be cut too!
Wayne

What kind of floor needs tiles that are two feet thick??? How wide are they?!?!
Sorry 2 inches 2" my bad :)