Cutting Sink Hole in Granite Countertop?

I have a chance to get a granite top for the Bathroom at a good price, any idea how much it might cost to cut the sink hole?
Thanks
Mastermech wrote:

Sink hole, or hole(S)? Try a call to a local top shop. Or, purchase a diamond core bit and use it once.

They'd have to come out and cut it. If you do the prep ( say 3/4" ply substrate) and draw the hole in the top from the sink template, you could use a 4" angle grinder ( Chinese type..accurate enough for a sink cut out) from Harbor Freight Tools or similar ~ $ 20-25 with a 4" diamond blade (~ $14) for under $ 40.00 total and you get to keep the tools. Thats the way I'd go having had granite in our last two homes and having cut and ground it with just such a set-up. Phone around and see what the pros will charge.

Depends on if you want a drop in or an undermount sink. Most DIYers won't be able to do a high enough quality job for a undermount. It takes lots of skill and expensive tools to get the edge just right and polished just so with the proper reveal for the sink. Most of the cost of granite installation is in the labor to make it look right--for a reason. The granite itself is the cheapest part. So, if you want this to look really nice, then your bargain may not end up being as much of a bargain as you thought. Only some questions at some local stone yards will let you know exactly what someone might charge, and they might even do an upcharge because they didn't provide the slab.