Cutting Sandstone Brick

I need to cut some smallish holes in 4" (about 3/4" diameter) sandstone brick and have heard suggestions of using either a core drill or a roto-hammer. Interested in hearing any thoughts on this before committing myself. What are the chances of cracking the stone with either one but especially the hammer?
Kevin Reeder

Being sandstone I would go with a standard drill and quality masonry bit.
I just did that into a 12" thick piece of rock/sandstone. I wanted to run vinyl tubing thru it for a fountain. I rented the mid size BOSCH hammer drill from Home Depot that takes the SDS MAX (about 1" shank: 4 carbide tips) drill bits you get when renting the drill. I used a 3/4" X 14" bit and it breezed thru in about 3 minutes..I removed the bit from the hole every inch or two so and blow it out with compressor air.. After that, I drilled 2 holes in my 9" thick foundation..that was a breeze.
As far as cracking, I guess it depends on how big your "brick" is