Cutting rubber tiles

Page 2 of 2
On May 20, 7:25pm, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

The tiles are 18" square.
http://envirotile.ca/images/room2.jpg
Now I see what you're describing. I'll give it a try and post my results.
The tiles are 18" square.
http://envirotile.ca/images/room2.jpg
The tiles are not made from recycled steel-belted tires.
What are "HF blades"?
On Fri, 20 May 2011 13:20:13 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl

http://envirotile.ca/envirotile.html suggests the use of either a break-tip knife or a sabre saw. A good[*] sabre saw would be my choice for 60 tiles. A circular saw with a fence might work well, too.
[*] crappy ones can't cut straight even if you wanted a wavy edge.
Use a carpet knife like this:
http://www.carpettool.net/carpet_knives.asp
--
DanG

Did something similar to 1/2" thick conveyor belting (with laminated cords). Used an angle grinder with an abrasive blade (on edge, naturally). Somewhat slow, but easy and rather smelly. IIRC, 75 lineal feet or so took two of us less than half an hour.
Joe