Cutting plywood

I have a large window I need to cover with plywood. My brain says it can't be done without putting a strip before the sheet and just make 3 equal pieces. Maybe someone can suggest something easier. (It would be nice if I could get a piece of plywood

58.5 X 51.

The window is 58.5" high. The two side windows are 28" wide and the large window is 51" wide.

sketch of window

Reply to
Ted

Baltic Birch normally comes 60x60.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Huh?

Reply to
Sharp Dressed Man

Make your own sheet to whatever size you need.

Cut the standard sheets to whatever size it takes to make up the "sheet" you need. Screw the cutoffs (or other scrap material) to the face of the plywood to cover the seams and create one large piece. The advantage is that the single piece will lay flat against the mounting surface.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

where are you located?

5'x10' plywood exists

do you want to cover just the center window or all three windows with a single piece?

the other post........ 5'x5' birch would work

Reply to
BobK207

That is what I ended up doing. I cut two 4' x 58.5 and then spliced a

10" piece in the middle.

Thanks everyone.

Reply to
metspitzer