Cutting out luan near cabinets

Hi, Ripping out vinyl floor to put tiles in kitchen. Vinyl is lightly glued to 1/4" plywood which is stapled to subfloor. Since the luan isn't secure to the subfloor it has to come out as well. However the vinyl was installed before the cabinets went in, so the luan extends under the cabinets. What can I use to cut through the 1/4" next to the toe kicks of the cabinets?
Thanks

If you do it that way, you can't sell your house. It will never pass inspection. You need to remove all the base cabinets to get the old luan out from under them, install new luan, then put the cabinets back.
On 7/17/2008 7:08 AM Jeff spake thus:

Not an answer, unfortunately, but just another annoying spelling correction: it's *lauan*. (Very common error; Philippine word.)
We now return to our regularly scheduled speculation.

A dremel or roto-zip with a right angle attachment will fit under the overhang. Been there and done that.
Be sure to wear a mask, have several bits and wear safety goggles
No telling what is in that dust.
--
Colbyt

Or a Crane toe-kick saw will easily do the job. Some rental outlets have them available. Or if you want, you can buy on-line then sell it when the job is done.
A right angle adaptor called a Zipmate for a Rotozip will get it done. The right angle adaptor let's you cut flush to the face of the toe kick on the cabinet. I did this the other day at a buddys house. We cut out 3 or 4 vinyl floors plus the underlayment to get down to the sub floor before laying a wood floor.
I'd recomment removing as much of the old vinyl and lauan as possible using other methods. The Rotozip solution doesn't have a depth stop, so you need to see how deep you are going. That's easier to do with only a few inches of the old flooring still in place.
Bernie