cutting luan from around cabinets

I am pulling up luan plywood from my kitchen because it is buckling in places and I want to put down a new floor. I have found that the kitchen cabinets as well as the baseboards are both on top of the luan. I don't want to remove the cabinets or take off all the baseboards, but rather make a clean cut right at the bottom of the kickboard/baseboards. Right now I am using a chisel but there must be a better way. I was thinking about a dremel tool and a router bit.

Any other ideas out there? JD

Reply to
JD

Angle grinder with a diamond blade. Little smoke, but works awesome.

Reply to
Brian V

Rent a "toe-kick saw". They're designed for this.

You should be able to find one at a good tool rental place (NOT HOME DEPOT)

Brad

Reply to
Brad Bruce

If its just 1/4" use a utility knike. I have cut 1/4" this way many times when I didn't what to pull out a saw.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle