Cutting into HVAC plenum

Hi, what's the best way to cut into the HVAC plenum in my home? I need to add a 6"x6" takeoff. Sheetmetal snips would seem to butcher the cut too much. I was wondering if a Rotozip tool would work well or possible a Dremel tool?
thanks
rud wrote:

one in the middle, just cuts a thin metal strip out of the way without much distortion on the base of the cut... and you have to know how to hold the snips so you dont pull much on the surface metal.... any ace hardware store will have them, harbor freight has them and probably homedepot, lowes....
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:00:12 -0400, "donald girod"

There are sheetmetal snips that are designed for this sort of cutting. The head is at about a 75 degree angle to the handles so that you can cut out of a flat surface. When my buddy with the snip collection is not handy, I use a jigsaw (and earplugs).
Bob