cutting in reverse

Page 6 of 8

I think she's one of those folk that think blind people need the TV louder.
--
Life is a sexually transmitted terminal condition.

On Tue, 24 May 2016 06:37:11 -0400, Stormin Mormon

OK - I screwed up - I don't see his is what I intended to type.....
On 5/23/2016 7:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

This has all the makings of a really great comedy. "Who sees McCaw?" "I don't know." "Hoo!" "I don't know Hoo." "Hoo don't you know?" "I see." "I don't see." "What?" "I don't see hoo, no matter what." "You don't what, hoo?" "Hoo's the guy?" "Right. I don't see hoo." "You don't see Hoo, what?"
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 24/05/2016 03:30, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Lol.
--
Bod

That sounds like a Marx Brothers sketch. A bit dated really.
--
America remains the international benchmark for institutionalised stupidity. -- Neil Allen, circa 2014

No, because you want to respond to me even though you've killfiled me. You lack conviction.
--
Peter is listening to "Who's the best - DJ Mad Dog feat. Tommyknocker"

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 8:12:28 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

On 5/23/2016 11:00 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

(non posted, as yours was.)

It's some silly game that trolls play. They like to reply with no text, I think it means they're giving a blank look or something. Whatever it is, they think they're being clever.
--
Just got back from my mate's funeral. He died after being hit on the head with a tennis ball. It was a lovely service.

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 6:48:37 AM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Idiot. It was nothing more that an inadvertent tap of the post button on an iPad.
You think you're so smart, but you're just a fool.
On 24/05/2016 00:05, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Can you see the problem when you killfile someone, Clare? Killfiling creates its own communication problems :-)
--
Bod

And he said he used it, not inured himself with it.
--
A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death -- Albert Einstein

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 1:01:41 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

That's because you totally missed the joke.
On Mon, 23 May 2016 09:01:25 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster

I run my mower discharging AWAY from cars, windows, and sidewalks where pwdestrians may be walking as a matter of courtesy.
On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 12:22:45 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

d killed.

the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.

tenance worker was cutting the grass outside one of the classrooms when he hit a rock and the rock shot through a classroom window striking a teenage girl in the head. Of course there was a lot of blood because head wounds bl eed A LOT. The poor guy felt so bad that he'd hurt the girl that he almost quit his job. There was a policy change after the accident ordering that ma intenance workers or football players walk the grassy areas picking up debr is before a mower could be run through the grass. I didn't think lawn mowin g should have been going on when there were kids there during the school da y. o_O

I also point the leaf blower away (or up) when cars or people go by.
I was driving towards a guy who was using a blower this morning, wondering if he would stop as I approached. He did...I waved a "Thank you".
Some people are courteous by nature, others...not so much.
On 5/23/2016 12:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Yes, that does sound much safer. Most of the time the discharge is light weight, short range lawn grass. But, it just takes one exception.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

"It just takes one" usually never happens. Why are you so pessimistic?
--
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

On 5/23/2016 11:19 AM, TimR wrote:

Sorry to hear that.
On some further thought, I know an adult who lost part of a couple toes as a teen ager, mowing on a hill.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 23/05/2016 18:38, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I forget where I read the story, but it said that a bloke was using a Strimmer and a stone took off his toe and the toe then flew upwards and took an eye out. Now *that's* unusually bad luck and must be a first Shirley?
--
Bod

The simple answer to all of this is "shit happens". Stop worrying about what might happen and get on with life.
--
It turns out a Chinese food deliveryman who was thought to be missing, was actually stuck in a Manhattan apartment building elevator for 4 days.
The man is ok, but the building's owner is charging him $1,500 rent.